London ULEZ 2023

Just a quick one. After no less than nine back and forth with TFL, to whom I sent the COC kindly provided by Honda UK, - My 2004 ST-1300 has been declared ULEZ charge exempt.

TFL will push back, saying not Euro 3 on the COC. You need to point them to the NOx values on the COC, which meet and indeed exceed Euro 3, and they will cave in.

Their job is to make getting the rightful exemption as tricky as possible.

Perseverance and politeness is the key. Once you have pointed out the COC NOx value, they must give it.

£12.50 a day saved. Work out 90 minutes of your time for nine emails. Well worth the time.

Bike
ST1100X
STOC #
There are others have been before you, so no reason for anyone to have doubts about their 1300. I'm toying with the idea of presenting my 1100 at a testing station to see how it does. Slightly more involved and not without cost, but a good selling point for the future?

Bike
VStrom 650
Well done James.
I can't remember welcoming you aboard here, so welcome aboard from Northumberland.
A Northern Land where ULEZ is something you read about in the papers.
Upt.

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Thanks for the Welcome. I have been seeing news articles where crews are disabling the ULEZ sensors. Every time gov't creates a new "scheme" a word so appropriate used often on your side of the pond. It's creates a new office or agency to extract another pound of flesh from the people who provided the labor for it.
Otherwise life is good.

Top Bottom