Lowest ST1100 seat? want to be flat footed

interceptor44

1991 ST1100
Have a '91 ST1100 w/original seat, having a hard time backing out of a parking space on my toes.
Looking for a low seat, would like to be flat-footed especially with a passenger.
Would appreciate recommendations AND pics of it on your bike! Preferably used for now.....
Also, easy on and off like the current seat.
Thanks.

At least one of the guys on this website had an extra layer of shoe soles added to his riding boots. Much cheaper than wearing Jimmy Choo's or Manolos.

At least one of the guys on this website had an extra layer of shoe soles added to his riding boots. Much cheaper than wearing Jimmy Choo's or Manolos.

Hi Dave here
That is an easy fix, give me a call I can help with lowering your seat. 209-887-3283 I am in California Pacific Time Zone

Always park in such a way that you don't have to back out - unless there is a slope and gravity will be your friend on backing out. (as in parking with the front facing uphill)

Pick your parking spots with that in mind. I do what I consider a Square U-turn when I park all while moving without putting my feet down. Usually about 3 spots wide is enough to pull in and make a u-turn and park so the front of bike is facing out. This will make life much easier and your boots last longer.

I bought a boot with a thicker sole. Non slip. Made a big diff. I have a 29” inseam. I also put a used corbin saddle on. That made a diff too.

The Corbin is a lower seat than Stock
Yup, and a pinch wider, so u will have to spend about 10 mi getting used to it. Check the for sales here. One always comes up. Buying new for a used bike can b expensive. I bought one here off a 91 1100 for my 96. Its a great seat. The stock seat killed my ass last fall on my xcountry.

Always park in such a way that you don't have to back out - unless there is a slope and gravity will be your friend on backing out. (as in parking with the front facing uphill)

Pick your parking spots with that in mind. I do what I consider a Square U-turn when I park all while moving without putting my feet down. Usually about 3 spots wide is enough to pull in and make a u-turn and park so the front of bike is facing out. This will make life much easier and your boots last longer.
I have less than 29" inseam now. Being short legged makes picking out the right spot second nature.

Trade in your ST for an alligator motorcycle. Yes I know, then you will have to raise the seat..... :rofl1:

Easier solution to that particular problem you are having - always back in
Being short legged makes picking out the right spot second nature.

Along with practicing how to stop with only the left foot down. As one would be taught to do at any good m/c riding school. ;)

Easier solution to that particular problem you are having - always back in

Along with practicing how to stop with only the left foot down. As one would be taught to do at any good m/c riding school. ;)
I stop with left foot flat down, right, or both toes as convenient or necessary. Learned to slide off seat a little on either side and one-leg hop when I need to push forward or back with a flat foot.

I stop with left foot flat down, right, or both toes as convenient or necessary. Learned to slide off seat a little on either side and one-leg hop when I need to push forward or back with a flat foot.
AND i realized sliding around on the seat a little helps w my turns! Kind of a two fer!

Back
Top Bottom