MajorTom four weeks on

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Well done RM, a good friend indeed.
Upt'North.
Couldn't agree more - a friend indeed RM - have been there for a roommate who had the misfortune of a bad spill, and his recovery was best helped by fellow bikers who get the impact of being taken out of that environment. I add to the praise and my best hopes for Barry as he recovers.....JK

OP
OP
RocketMan

RocketMan

so many roads...
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
More progress being made.
On Monday and Tuesday the occupational therapists did evaluations on his ability to swallow and the tubes were removed and he actually began on real (albeit still hospital) food.

On Wed Kate was able to wheel him outside for some sun and fresh air.

They have him lined up to move from the trauma unit at the hospital to the local rehab facility in about two weeks.

He'll need a lot of work there as his left arm is not functional very much. They patched up his left shoulder but he hasn't got a lot of control or strength in the arm yet.

Also, the mental issues need work. His long term memory seems mostly fine. The short term is a mess from about two days before the collision. And he has some other issues with reading and concentration.

All to be expected and we're glad he's still working on his convalescence.

Bike
2008 ST 1300
Thanks for the update. Praying for a complete recovery somewhere in the future. Again thanks for the post.

Bike
2005 & 2006 St 1300
STOC #
Yesterday I went to visit Barry and he continues to progress, recognized me when I came in the room, we talked for awhile and then he wanted to go for a short walk, no I didn't push him in the wheelchair he got up and walked. Simply amazing. He is on a waiting list for rehab on his left shoulder. He was even talking about getting another bike.

STOC #
So glad to see him coming keep improving. It's inspiring to read of friendship, support and perseverance.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Barry's been moved back to the regular hospital in Devon to wait for space to come available in the rehab hospital in Edmonton.

No more ICU. No more trauma dept. Just a regular hospital bed.

Woohoo!
Woohoo indeed..!!!!!! :woohoo::wave1::run1::thumb:

Top Bottom