Mellow's Summer Trip

Great ride report as usual Joe ;) I tend to just watch the scenery and forget exactly where I've been...."You know that road where we saw the spaceship"... Can remember the scenery but not where it was half the time.....lol

Yeah, I do that too, have to close my eyes and do the route in my head... ouch, that hurts.

Treemuncher showed me his new Olympus Stylus Tough camera W/GPS!!!! ... so it tells you where the pic was... very cool.

My iPhone does that...It gets close enough usually and then you can sort through the photo album by "Location"...it shoes pins on a map and the photo(s) associated with it,,, I've got the 4S now so quality is a little better than in the past... Will be taking my point and shoot along this trip as well..

How was 160 across Southern CO? I'm going to Denver from OKC then south to CSprings for a night to see a friend..(Weather permitting) then it's game on from there :)

How was 160 across Southern CO? I'm going to Denver from OKC then south to CSprings for a night to see a friend..(Weather permitting) then it's game on from there

It was nice... cool in the morning but then after 100+ degrees, 95 is cool.. LOL

Wolf Creek pass was fun as usual.

I didn't even bring my heated gear... so.. maybe.. but, you know how mother nature is.

Great STuff Joe. Welcome back and congrats. Thoroughly enjoyed your report and pictures. One last question... Do u still think the AST jacket is better for your ride than the Olympia Moab?
Thanks again. Well Done.
Louis

Great STuff Joe. Welcome back and congrats. Thoroughly enjoyed your report and pictures. One last question... Do u still think the AST jacket is better for your ride than the Olympia Moab?
Thanks again. Well Done.
Louis

I think for this trip yes. Only because the temps were a bit cooler and the rain I got into was never really bad, just the occasional short burst. I actually would prefer the tourmaster transition 3 because it has a nice left-forearm pocket to put keys/ear plugs and the color has snaps that will snap it out of the way... most other jackets don't. It's even cheaper.

Is that a legal or illegal alien you're sneaking into Texas? :-D The Border Patrol might want a word with you. :eek:

In all the stories about aliens on the news, they never mention that they come from Wisconsin.

Great ride report as usual Joe ;) I tend to just watch the scenery and forget exactly where I've been...."You know that road where we saw the spaceship"... Can remember the scenery but not where it was half the time.....lol

Ha! Combine that with getting wrapped up in the ride and not getting photos, and that's me!

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

Braggart!

Chief%20Joseph%20HWY.jpg

I can't believe you went up into the Montana and Wyoming area without heated gear.lol I agree with George, never leave home without heated gear.

I can't believe you went up into the Montana and Wyoming area without heated gear.lol I agree with George, never leave home without heated gear.

It was cool but never cold. I do believe I was very lucky. I had lots of available layers and heated grips. Never had on more than sweatshirt, waterproof Olympia liner and mesh jacket, again, pretty lucky.

I regretted not having my heated gear during my BBG last month! I saw 80 degrees during the day. Then it dropped into the mid 40s that night. Now I try to keep my heated liner in my bag at all times.

Back
Top Bottom