Mice in Australia

Bike
ST 1100 year 2002.
Looking at the film of a Plague of Mice in Rural Australia I wondered how the ST1100 riders would cope .Would a bike survive long with all those tiny teeth gnawing away at everything . And there`s nothing worse than the smell of dead mice . I hope you are not eating your breakfast while you read this .

TPadden

Tom Padden
Looking at the film of a Plague of Mice in Rural Australia I wondered how the ST1100 riders would cope
I think in most rural areas the coping method of choice is still d-CON. I stocked up on it in 2014 when they were forced to go to a less effective formulation. It still is the only thing I’ve found that will take care of a serious infestation and I’ve never had a problem (pet or otherwise) using it.

OP
OP
Bike
ST 1100 year 2002.
Living in London we saw a mouse in the kitchen so put down some bait to get rid of it .Big mistake. The mouse died under the floorboards and we had to endure the stink for months just by keeping the windows open . So a little trap to catch it live is better .Then it will die outside . That`s just the one .

TPadden

Tom Padden
Living in London we saw a mouse in the kitchen so put down some bait to get rid of it .Big mistake. The mouse died under the floorboards and we had to endure the stink for months just by keeping the windows open . So a little trap to catch it live is better .Then it will die outside . That`s just the one .
That's an advantage of d-Con, death by dehydration; they go to water to die and the carcass doesn't stink. Unless there's water under your floorboards or behind drywall...:(

Never had a problem using it in house or garage and the few carcasses I found in the barn over 16 years were mummified with no odor. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
ST 1100 year 2002.
As long as it all does not get in the way of me riding around in an electric Citroen DS. A nice pipe dream .
I`ve seen a few photos of mouse nests in motorbikes and the thought of those little jaws champing on all the cables made me start this topic . Mice are incredibly flexible and can squeeze through a quarter inch gap without any trouble . Also I wanted show a little sympathy to Australians in their struggles .

Last edited:
Top Bottom