Mon, Aug 10th, '26...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 4, 2012
Messages
1,377
Age
61
Location
Vienna, AuSTria
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
Some people dread Monday...
I already dread being awake... :coffee:

771892509_1072345988601935_7609066979327504413_n.jpg

G'Day...

20°/35°C, feels a tad soggy at 60% RH... a few clouds, should clear during the afternoon... 🌥️⛅🌤️☀️

loaded with Nespresso and Nescafé to function... :coffee:

Despite the heat (33°C and glaring sun on that huge tarmac slab) Sunday's MSL was quite enjoyable... 😎
It drives out the stiff- and laziness creeping upon you during that dull daily commute routine...
You do start to turn your head fully into the corner again, you do loosen up in your lower back, easing to fluently push the ST in tight maneuvers/corners...
And what you know, suddenly you just fly though that tight U-turn again...
They also had a slope to practice a 3-point turn (in case a blocked alpine road or such), with good tips on how to approach, position, where/what to look at to remain in balance...

Also ze GF had a blast, she later commented that she really enjoyed practicing the maneuvering on her NT700VA...
and she stunned the instructor by fearlessly gabbing the stoppers of her NT during that lecture... so yep, she's back 😁

And as a side note:
compared to some modern bikes that attended, that 26 year old ST1100/about 40 year old design still performs exceptionally well... 😎

IMG_20260809_162837_068.jpg

Almost hand an argument with a wannabe ADV rider, over asking him to turn his oversized, dazzling aux aircraft landing lights off... :cautious:
He instantly got religious about some scientific studies that proof the oh so much gained safety... yadda-yadda... :rolleyes:
The fact that such glare just inhibits any depth perception and judgement of approaching speed for other road user got heavily dismissed... in anger...
But at least he kept those neuralyzers off for the rest of the day...
(weird fella anyway; huge aluminum ammo cases covered with "bullet hole" and "USAF stickers", accompanied by an olive green riding suit,
including genuine, flared "Manfred von Richthofen" style breeches :oops: , as finishing accessory: a NATO-green dual-sport helmet featuring A-10 nose-art... ah-ja... ;))

quite soaked we returned to ze GF's residence in the afternoon, me swim-trunks, ze GF her bikini, 🚿 and deck-chairs ⛱️... almost took a nap... must be getting old ;)

later daughter #1 and her BF came to pick up her cat again... who was absolutely not pleased about getting hijacked, lamenting audibly... 🤔
yep, gonna miss the fury, little bugger and her almost Monk like ticks about steady routines... 😼

So, Monday again... yuch... 😎
 
Thx Martin!

16˚c/61f, clouds, sun, wind from northwest.

On our way home from the cabin, picking up Peter on our way.

Yesterday was extremely rainy, but we had a nice walk anyway.
I had the best cinnamonroll in my life at the market.
I’m an addict now.

Have a good one!
Stu

From last night…something happened with my phone, but you get the idea….
IMG_4944.jpeg
 
Good morning everyone

Thanks for the coffee Martin. @STooRay that photo looks like a skyscape painted by a Flemish master. Gorgeous!

It's 73°F in Rockville, going to 93 with rain possible this evening.

Mrs. Fun comes home today but not before I get back from the usual Monday morning round of Old Guy Goof.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them. Do it today, NOW, for tomorrow may be too late.
 
Good morning and thanks for the coffee, Martin.
Alarm cat woke me at 5:40 this morning.

It's 61, rising to 83, with more haze in the air from western wildfires.

Yesterday's track event involved Legends cars as well as the usual Club drivers. The Legends folks got some practice in before actually racing. The Club folks got their practice time as well.

Afterward , Brenda and I dined at our local Chinese place. We took home some extra food, expecting our Son and family, today.

Today, we'll have some visitors, and I hope to get to the gym.
We'll see if they'll actually get a glimpse of the cats, this time. The last time they visited, all three cats scattered and hid. They're more comfortable now, so we'll see.

Enjoy your day,
Steve
 
Morning all. It's WoodSToc Day.

It's like a normal day, but with more wood to stock?

Fog and sun currently, headed to a muggy 30. At least I don't have to ride for a day in it to get there. Still have to have some breakfast and finish packing the trailer, then hook it to the bike and get Mrs. O to help me check that it's lights all work. Hard to do the brakes yourself unless you close the garage door and look for the red glow.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Obo.
 
Thanks Martin, yeah I could easily find other things to do if I didn't have to go to work.

Got the new radiator put in the Element yesterday, about 6 electrical connections, maybe more, 2 auto-trans hoses, upper and lower coolant hoses, some number of the plastic expand-it clips, 10 or so bolts... I haven't put the upper and lower plastic pieces in, they're kinda like splash guards or just things to hide the radiator, spanning the width of the engine compartment.

New battery installed also.

I ran the engine for 15 minutes, after filling the overflow tank and radiator but the cooling fans never came on. That should have been a warning, but I figured the new coolant was just doing a stupendous job. The temp needle never went past 50%, as it never did until overheating last December.

The new rad has a built-in / molded little half-moon plastic piece across the filler neck, so I cannot see the fins inside. How stupid!

So I carefully and slowly poured in the glycol mix until it appeared at the bottom of the filter neck.

Took a short drive to the car wash, keeping an eye on the temp needle. All good.

Time for gas too, but as I left the car wash, the needle went to 75% so I pulled over to let it cool. The expansion tank contents were all pulled into the radiator, as there are no leaks.

The fans still weren't kicking on.

Pulled over two more times in the 3 miles back to the house, getting nervous. No fans.

Tonight I'll get back into the Honda Service Manual, and troubleshoot those fans. They spin freely, by hand.

Looked again this morning, and there is no coolant on the ground or splashed around the engine bay, or around the new hoses I installed.

This will be on my mind today.

Meanwhile -- the Black ⚫️ Rifle is superb, the weather nice now with more scattered storms and showers this afternoon.

A little disappointed all in all, thinking I had put everything back correctly.

But hey, remember: If at first you don't succeed... well, you're about average. 🤣

Oh yeah... I cut the front yard too.
Tired.

Out with old, in with the new.
 

Attachments

  • 20260809_120112.jpg
    20260809_120112.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 19
Good morning, folks. Thanks for the cafe, Martin.
I was at MNSTOC after work on Friday. It was raining after 50 miles south on my way to Lanesboro; it was cool, and I got wet after I got there and decided to return home anyhow. It was warming up afterward. Here in Minneapolis, 66°F will warm up to 85F by noon or so. Have a wonderful day y'all!
 
Morning all! Beautiful sunny blue sky day again here. 13C currently with a predicted high of 23C.

Decided to take the scenic route this morning to work. Bad idea; they've torn up the road in several places to replace the storm sewers so it was a trial of ride 200 metres, stop wait for 10 minutes, rinse and repeat. On the upside, I was on the ST and it was a beautiful morning.

Hope everyone has a great day!

From the dog walk this morning:
Mt Baker in morning.jpg
 
Morning Martin & All from mostly cloudy in Southern Utah!

Currently the temp is 83F, with warm winds already blowing. The high for the day should be around 94F. The winds are coming out of the SSW @ 11 to 14 mph, and later, from the WSW @ 15 to 23 mph.

We got some more rain yesterday, but not enough to measure. Today, more is promised, we'll see.

I took this picture, looking East, towards Cedar City, proper.

20260809_RainClouds.jpg

I started feeling sick last night and it has carried over into today. So, somewhere along the way I have picked up some sort of bug! :sick1:

I will still need to go out and move the tire machine out of the garage and put things away.

Eggs, bacon, toast & OJ to start the morning. Plenty of Pepsi(s) on hand for later.

Anyone :bk13:, Have a great day on the roads! :hat3:
 
You can thank my builder for the 4 car garage!

We had a different piece of property and she came up with this lot, saying she could put a four car garage on it!

Who am I to say "NO"! :sneaky-2x:
 
Well, it's happening again: our typical-of-late afternoon tempest has arrived. Lightning, thunder, heavy rain, power spikes / dropouts (thank goodness most of our electronics are on battery backups / surge protectors). About the only thing missing, and I'm grateful for that, is high winds of any sort, and I'm especially glad not to have rotating high winds.
 
Good afternoon, thanks Martin. Early morning Vet visit for the Cat and Dog, then a nap for me. Seems Star(cat) has a yeast infection in her ears, paws are healing from overgrown nails. Our 20 dollar kitten is now worth a bit more. To be fair Star has lived longer than any other animal in my world,16 years. Sunny and 71 F with 10 mph winds from the South. Not much else to say, but have a good week G
 
G'devenin' from SoMD! It's been a day. Fed the herd on time, got my cuppas in (thanks Martin!), got logged in early to get some "required training" done. *yawn*. And as Keith reported, it is currently storming here after bulldozing through his what-was-to-be-record-setting round (shhh, they'll never know the real score). Got the dog walked just in time, too.

Only exciting thing was a phone interview for a different job at a prominent company that launches stuff into space. I don't hold much hope, but I wanted at least to gain some experience after not needing to do an interview for over 20 years. My job is not in jeopardy, thankfully. I'm always on the lookout for a good opportunity. But I guess we'll see.

Martin, I want to ping you on something HVAC related that looked sketchy as a contest prize...a refrigerated outdoor beer shed powered by solar panels. Seems unrealistic that it would be self-supporting, but curiosity got to me as a mental exercise.

For everyone here, take care y'all!
 
Back
Top Bottom