Motorcycle Daily reviews the Sprint GT

That 1050 triple is a sweet mill. I really enjoyed my ride on EMack's ST (except for the jewel-roasting exhaust).

I'm looking forward to the Trophy 1200 with 3 cylinders.

This bike is what the VFR could be. Agree with the comment about small tank but the chain is not a stopper for me.

032311middle4.jpg

I have also test rode the Sprint twice, it is a total grin-mobile. Probably a little too heavy on the wrists, not enough legs, and too low a windshield for most ST'ers.

Wait for the shaft and the extra cylinder to show up on the new Trophy, it should be more ST-like.

This bike is what the VFR could be. Agree with the comment about small tank but the chain is not a stopper for me.

032311middle4.jpg

Funny thing, it depends on which site you are on as to what people think...LOL. IMO too heavy to replace the VFR and one glaring missing thing...a V4 powerplant!

The editors still seem to like that old 5th gen VFR though.

No doubt...the last of the gear driven cam VFR's. 5th geners are passionate about their bikes. I love the look of them with the rear seat cowl on. There is a guy over at VFRD.com that just powdercoated his wheels white on a red 5th gen...it looks great.

I think some of the weight comparisons made in the article are apples and oranges. I suspect they're comparing a stock Sprint ST w/o ABS to a GT with ABS. Still, that would only account for maybe a third of the weight gain. Add in a bigger alternator, stretch the bike out some, beef up the subframe, and that'll cover another third. So where's the other 20lbs??

Still, the Triple. ahhhhh... Triple... :drool1:

If the Trophy is in dealerships next year, I'll be first in line to try it out. We now have a dealer in NB, about 1 1/2 hr away, only dealer in maritimes before was in NS.

Back
Top Bottom