Motorcycle dolly anyone?

Bike
1200RT, 1200GS
STOC #
I'm considering buying a couple of dollies to make moving my bikes around my shop easier. Suggestions?

Thanks for your input,

Bob

One time in the Phillipines a couple of natives were heading out the gate using a skate board for the locked front wheel. They got caught

A client of mine gave me a dolly which fits under just the centerstand, and I took it just to be polite, but after trying it, I admit I kinda like it. It makes rolling around the ST less of a chore,now that I am used to using it. It is black, and looks like an "H" , with 4 casters, two locking, and two non-locking.

Every time you need to move one, just take a short 50 mile ride, then park it where you needed to move it to! ;)

Just remember that while moving it around, if the dolly catches on a rough spot on the floor...or even just a tiny pebble...and the stand stops, the center stand could fold up. I guess the same could conceivably happen with the other style though, with the sidestand.

This seems to be the best solution in that it allows the bike to rest on its center stand. Any experiences here?

Many thanks.

Bob

I've got this stand. I bought it off of Mellow. I LOVE it! It's a bit tricky getting used to getting the bike on and off and even manoeuvring it around. The more I use it the easier it becomes.

The wheels are small so I agree that running into debris will cause it to stop. As long as your slow and smooth then it shouldn't be a problem. My garage floor has been epoxy resined so it's really smooth (when it's clean)

Steven

This seems to be the best solution in that it allows the bike to rest on its center stand. Any experiences here?

Many thanks.

Bob

I have one of these also and it works good for me. My shop floor is smooth painted cement. They have a video on their website that shows how to get it up and down correctly. I recomend you watch it before you use it. I took a 2x6 and cut two ends at a 45, I ride the front tire up on it before putting the bikes centerstand down on the dolly. This makes it easy to get up. Then I use the 2x6 as a wheel chock as the bike sits in the corner.

I use Teflon furniture moving discs available at Big Lots. I put the pads under the center stand, Push the carrier down and spin the bike 180 degrees. The pads store on a shelf when done.

Many thanks.

Mellow has one very similar to it. From what I saw it was great. He scooted his ST all over the garage with ease. I'm thinking about buying one but the BMW is not balanced like the ST with the center of gravity being almost dead on the center stand. The GT is a little front heavy so I'm reading the BMW forums to see what they use.

Mellow has one very similar to it. From what I saw it was great. He scooted his ST all over the garage with ease. I'm thinking about buying one but the BMW is not balanced like the ST with the center of gravity being almost dead on the center stand. The GT is a little front heavy so I'm reading the BMW forums to see what they use.

The ST isn't balanced either. On the one I had you still had to push down on the luggage rack to get it to move better and pivot. Too much on the front wheel and it wants to steer in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom