MS: Tag

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Boggsdale was a little hard to find. I had to circle around for the photo. I think I scared the folks who owned the American flag in the background when I parked on the sidewalk.

Be careful moving my new tag. I think I heard banjo's on the way in there!
Funny - thought I made it pretty easy to find! I think you had more to worry about from the Boggsdale clan those Jackson county banjos!

Now begins the search for Grand Bay something or other and how to avoid those banjos!!!!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I took a little ride today to get away from the Mardi Gras mess and thought I would try my hand at the MS tag. It might be hard to find, but it is an old rest stop from the 50's. The road it is on is a beautiful ride between MS and LA. If anyone needs more hints let me know

Mel

Old
OLD.jpg
New
NEW.jpg
Close Up Of Marker
closeup.jpg

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Alright Mel! You rescued the Tag from the backwoods in eastern MS and brought it over to the backwoods in western MS! Closer to me now so I've got to find that marker.

Gunz

Houligan
Bike
'08 1300
STOC #
It's never too damn hot to ride. But since I tore up my right knee I can't stop at a stop sign safely. But maybe soon.......

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Alright Mel - bout time someone moved that thing! I'll give somebody a chance on this one as I have been driving past the new TAG going to work for 27 years!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I Know

Probably not the most creative choice for a tag, but it did get moved and I had a great ride on a beautiful day.

Mel

MSGulfCoaST

SMTTT
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Way to go Mac. Did the construction of the "new" NASA visitor center hinder you getting to that old tag spot - it's been kind of a mess in that area for months?

Where you headed these days? It's not time for Stage Coach yet is it???

BTW the new tag is where I try to get my gas in the old ST as it has E-free gas!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Here you go, a new MS tag. This was about the only safe place to pull over for a picture of the sign. If anyone needs a better picture of the sign in the background just let me know.

DSCI1848.jpg
Old Tag

DSCI1874.jpg
New Tag

Mel

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Very nice riding around the old tag and tree lined "tunnels" all around the new tag town.

Raymond
Raymond,

Did you get a chance to look at Red Bluff while you were there? From your Signature you have moved a lot of tags. Nicely done

Mel

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yes I walked from end to end and looked it over. Quite the strange bit of erosion going on there. It was a total surprise and google map does not show the scale at all!

Sorry my new tag isn't quite so interesting but the signs around the town center water tower do provide a bit of reading. I must admit my travels in Miss. are quite brief passthru's. Your tag and the area was a pleasant surprise. It must be the prettiest area of Mississippi. Nice homes and beautiful tree lined roads made the ride GREAT. I often think while I ride to new places how it would be to live there for a period of time. Raymond rated pretty good on my imaginary list and the town's name put it alphaRAYgical order on top.

Thanks Melvin for the tag spot and be sure to find me if we ever make the same meet somewhere. And I apologize if we already have met. I'm bad with faces at meets and names on the board.

Raymond

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Mississippi Tag moved

Old Tag in Raymond, MS The weather was overcast so picture is not the best. I included a close up that shows my bike better.
AA DSCI2004A.jpg
Old Tag

AA DSCI2006.jpg
Old Tag Close UP

AA DSCI1995.jpg
New Tag is located at the Birthplace of the "King Of Rock & Roll"

Have Fun

Mel

Top Bottom