My ST1100 took a bullet!

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I was washing my bike this afternoon and noticed a bullet sized hole in my headlamp. A stone of course. I was being dramatic. It was the European version , meaning it took H4 bulbs without shims.
Looking for info on the Netherlands used bike supplier in order to replace it.
Chime in if you have the contact info Thanks

Attachments

• 8FBF943D-5AAB-4FD0-82A4-8B27E5DFFE5D.jpeg
    8FBF943D-5AAB-4FD0-82A4-8B27E5DFFE5D.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 781E5574-90C5-4602-AF78-882CDEC5C43C.jpeg
    781E5574-90C5-4602-AF78-882CDEC5C43C.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 60
Can't help with the source for the part, but I suggest you buy a shield for that next headlight to protect from smashing another one. Company called "Dold" in New Zealand makes the Ventura brand with the part # VP034 for the ST1100. If ordering one from them, I suggest you confirm that part # with them.

Other sources for these items found by searching Google for "headlight protector for Honda ST1100".

Had a Ventura shield on my ST for decades and it did save my headlight from a large rock once, which I did see coming at the last moment. Took a good chunk out of the plastic, but the headlight was untouched. Ordered another shield right away after that.

The rock that hit the headlight must have been traveling at quite a pace, that glass looks super strong. I have a shield over my RT's headlight mainly because the plastic housing was getting pitted from abrasive material kicked up by other traffic. Hope you find a replacement, would a North American headlight be a plug and play replacement?

There's a shed load on Ebay UK but I don't know who'll post to :canflag1:.
Upt.
I found a bunch from the UK, not sure if the headlight pattern is different because of right hand drive, I know the old triumph headlights had a different pattern for different markets. ( pre 1970)

Glad you got (are getting) that sorted.
I'll surely buy a guard for my new BMW headlight -- might look like a poser with a $200 fancy light guard on it -- but a new LED adaptive headlight is in the neighborhood of two THOUSAND dollars.
Just for the part alone.
And then it may have to be programed at the shop... spare me.

I was washing my bike this afternoon and noticed a bullet sized hole in my headlamp. A stone of course. I was being dramatic. It was the European version , meaning it took H4 bulbs without shims.
Looking for info on the Netherlands used bike supplier in order to replace it.
Ouch!
Been there on my prev '92, and no used parts avail back in the day, the OEM replacement did cost a fortune...

These days:
eBay
CMS
David Silver
EC spec H4 (RHS traffic) should be 33100-MT3-611 through all years...

-- might look like a poser with a $200 fancy light...
Indeed they are... F_ing up everyone else's vision... :mad:

Wunderlich_Aton_Zusatzscheinwerfer_LED_003.jpg

Indeed they are... F_ing up everyone else's vision... :mad:
Why would a protector cause an issue for others, the one on my bike doesn’t change the light’s pattern. On the GS many of them resemble a wire screen, they wouldn’t change where the light is projected.

Sorry to see this Robert, it is a reminder to me to put the protector back on after inspecting the Velcro after a wash and needing to be replaced, it is sitting on the shelf.
Out of curiosity, how does the light pattern look now with the chip, can it be repaired like the windshield Rock chips/holes?

Back
Top Bottom