My tip over bars are on order ...

STOC #
I knew it would probably happen sooner or later! I?ve had my ST for two weeks and dropped it this morning in a parking lot at about 0 mph. I was backing into a spot and a pickup truck across the way decided to back out of his spot (into me). I back-pedaled as fast as I could, but I was too focused on his bumper and lost it ? down on the port side. He pulled away, never knew the difference and missed me by about 2 inches. Man that?s a slow painful feeling! Minor damage to the tip-over bar cover and my ego, but I?m sure I?ll be sore in the morning. This isn?t the first bike I?ve dropped, but it?s the heaviest!

I managed to pick it up by backing up to it and lifting by the left hand grip and the passenger hand hold. I was wondering if anybody has any other suggestions for doing this alone. I think it would be a little tougher from the right side. From the left side, I could stand it up enough to drop the kick stand. Any way do it, this baby is heavy!

Maybe I can get Bydawg to move me up on the list?!?!? :eek::

Ride Safe,

Dave

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
You guys are starting to scare me...I haven't dropped mine....yet....from some of these posts it seems almost inevitable!!

OP
OP
STOC #
It's not inevitable, but it's always happened to me at least once. I'll take 0 mph anyday! Everything else is just not fun!

This evening - scotch helps!!

Top Bottom