My Winter Project

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Do you know what this is?

Kinda tough without the plastic on it.

It was laid down, every peice of tupperware plus the tank and muffler was scratched and gouged. Some of it was broken - cracked right through. Lots of other small stuff also needs replacing. Right mirror, left handle bar, bar ends, a couple of foot pegs, right rear signal light, etc etc

Its an 06 with about 3300 miles. It runs and shifts

When done I'll have about $2500 into it - labor not included of course. So, I'm not getting rich but I'll make a few bucks, enjoy myself and likely learn something to boot.

I expect it will sell quickly in the spring. They are popular bikes, cheap to ensure and repair, easy to work on and make into a low budget tourer if desired.

Attachments

• 100_1325.JPG
    100_1325.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 100_1328.JPG
    100_1328.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 229
It's a 2006 Suzuki GSXR 750F Katana

It'll look like this someday soon.

Attachments

• 2006_Suzuki_Katana_750.jpg
    2006_Suzuki_Katana_750.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 189
Bandit was a good guess but no cigar. Kan-a-tuna it is

That mancave is fairly new and that MC/ATV lift is even newer. What a treat to work on my "toys" using that gadget.

The shop is about 2300 sq ft total --- heated floor / floor drains / 14 ft clear ceiling / 50 ft long x 13 ft wide drive-thru (wash) bay with 10 x 12 doors at either end. That's the drive thru where you see my truck and car in the background of the pic. I also have a 12h x16w bay door and a 8hx16w door as well. Life's good!!

On the Suzie - The plastic bits are done - they look good as new! 10 pieces in total were painted. They needed a lot of work to fix the huge scratches and gouges. There were 4 pieces that were broken & cracked and needed repair as well. $700 was the tariff. Likely about 1/3 of the cost if I would have gone new.

There were used plastic pieces around at various MC wreckers but nothing great and no one had it all, so I think the mix and match would have been noticable especially if some of the new/used pieces needed paint - which I'm pretty sure they would have.

The tank is another story. It has a major dent from the handle bar. It'll be a couple hun if I'm lucky.

Once I get my new parts - foot pegs, handle bar, mirror etc etc I'll start putting it togther.

I'll let you see how it looks then.
Cheers, Jeff

PS: I've never been a Katana admirer but this was a good deal and I knew that it will sell quickly when fixed up. They sure are easy to work on.

Back
Top Bottom