Need Battery Vendor

Louie Louie

Can you suggest a good online battery dealer and a good replacement battery for my ST?

Thanks

Can you suggest a good online battery dealer and a good replacement battery for my ST?

Thanks

batterystuff.com

They shipped the same day I ordered, and all three batteries were in stock.

I used the Scorpions, so we'll see how they last.

I bought one of these and am going to try it on my Rebel battery. (I have the Honda branded version.)

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motorcycle-battery-charger/optimate-4/

They are supposed to remove the crystals that reduce charge capacity and prolong the live considerably.

I have 4 bikes I have to keep batteries on and if it saves buying a new battery or two it will be a good investment.

Has anyone ever tried one?

I bought a battery from supercrank? (I think that's the name) which was supposed to have a bigger CCA than the OEM. Got the bait and switch in my opinion. The battery is holding up, fortunately, but I was annoyed that I got a standard CCA unit for my money. They wouldn't replace it when I called and complained.

I have the scorpian since last year so far so good.
It's claimed 230cca and 11.2AHr the same as oem.

(I had a Batteries Plus one that did not last long at all)

I have the Bat Tender+ cheaper than the optimate 4 and 1.25a vs 0.8amp bulk charge rate. Don't know a about the claims to fix sulfation sounds like marketing hype.

According to the tecmate web site the honda branded one is the optimate 3 not optimate 4. (info could be out of date)

(I had a Batteries Plus one that did not last long at all)

Good warning to know.

My Battery Plus Xtreme AGM Permaseal lasted less than a month and left me stranded on the side of Interstate for a few hours, 1100 miles from home. Worse part was, I replaced it as preventive maintainance for the trip, not because original battery was bad.

I got one from Dennis Kirk for ~$80; a generic Parts Plus AGM battery. We'll see how it does. If it lasts 2 years I'll be money ahead compared to the Yuasa.

My battery died 2 days ago and I ordered new one from www.batterystuff.com and it arrived today! We're talking 2 days from OR to FL... that is really good! Free Ground Shipping too. Only time will tell if this battery was a good deal. At $68 if I get 2 years out of it I'll be happy. My only complaint would be is my old battery hardware could not be used due to a slight manufacturing difference in the width of the Scorpian's battery post. It's just a tad under 10mm wide which will prevent you from being able to slide the nut in between the posts. I ended up have to use a #10-24 nut as it's width is just perfect. Battery seems to turn the bike over just fine.

I always connect my bike to my Optimate when it's parked. My factory battery lasted 5.5 years.

Back
Top Bottom