Need Bike for Heat Comparo

I know you are all tired of hearing me rant about the heat issue. :BDH:

But I now have an IR thermometer and I want to approach this as scientifically as possible.

So I am looking for someone in my local area with a stock ST 1300 (preferably ABS) to compare temperatures with my heat modded ST.

Let's see if the changes really did make a substantial difference.

local to Fort Walton Beach/Destin/Niceville, FL

Bike
ST 1300
Not abs and not local but for a couple of free nights in Ft. Walton/Destin, I might could be persuaded to ride down. :D

Bike
ST 1300
LOL...Oh well...I tried. :crackup It's a first year model and therefore should be the best gauge for your test. :)

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
MS to LA is not long distance - what 350 miles from Dixie?. Lots of us have ridden further just for lunch.

AZST1300A

Can you see me now???
I have an ABS model, but with ceramic coated headers. I'll be down during florida STOC if you wish to check them out. If you check the temps while sitting still, I suspect they will read close to each other, moving may be another matter. Disapation...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
jackhammer, just curious since I haven't followed all the thread and was out last week so may have missed some things... did you ever try the starter valve sync?

OP
OP
jackhammer50
jackhammer, just curious since I haven't followed all the thread and was out last week so may have missed some things... did you ever try the starter valve sync?
Mellow, I have not tried that yet, is it a DIY job? What are the chances of a bike with only 1400 miles being out of sync? And if it is out, where would one get the gauge?

OP
OP
jackhammer50
Well it looks like Shuey and Rotor Head will be joinng me tomorrow morning for a temp comparison.

Sorry to all for no free nights! LOL

The plan is to take a short ride then measure the temps of the bikes in several locations. I have a spreadsheet prepared and will share when completed.

I am interested in the Florida STOC. I'm new to this. When and where?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Mellow, I have not tried that yet, is it a DIY job? What are the chances of a bike with only 1400 miles being out of sync? And if it is out, where would one get the gauge?
There are a bunch of threads on the subject, sorry I have never done one so don't know the details:
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2144494

Well it looks like Shuey and Rotor Head will be joinng me tomorrow morning for a temp comparison.

Sorry to all for no free nights! LOL

The plan is to take a short ride then measure the temps of the bikes in several locations. I have a spreadsheet prepared and will share when completed.

I am interested in the Florida STOC. I'm new to this. When and where?
If you type it right, FL-STOC, the details will show up in a pop-up.

SilverBullet

Harold Buckner
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Click advance at th bottom of the reply. Then click mange attachments. Browse to file location then upload.

Same way you upload an image.

OP
OP
jackhammer50
Here is the spreadsheet with the results of the heat comparison.

Shuey's bike with the most miles was cooler than the other control.

Jackhammer's bike with all the heat mods was much cooler than both bikes from the collector pipes rearward. Your passenger will notice.

Like I said before, the mods helped to make it rideable for me until autumn.

Attachments

Top Bottom