Need heavier duty AUX Light Mount

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
Anyone have advise where I could look for a heavier duty mounting system for my AUX lights I have mounted on MCL under the mirror mounts. What I have now hold the lights, but I'm afraid they will just bounce up and down as I ride. Too lite weight.

The MCL Mounts have one large threaded hole, the AUX lights have a single hole in the top of rear part of the housing.

I would like to come up with something better. I'll get a picture of it tonight and post here.

Thanks!

Well, it looks like I found what I was looking for:

Westin High Performance LED Light Bar Bottom Mount Bracket

Last edited:
I have the police mounting brackets, they came in white so I had them powder coated black. I've had the cyclops adventure sports lights on them and now a mixed pair of Sevina and Erica Clearwater lights on them which are pretty heavy comparatively. The brackets work flawlessly. I'll try to get some photos. I think I paid 37$ each plus shipping from hondabikes.com

Last edited:
I have the MCL brackets that mount from the mirror, I was looking for a bracket/mount from them to the light.

AUX-lights-Brackets-s.jpg

But the mounts I bought aren't going to work, so I went back to the original Erector set type I have! :(

Anyone have advise where I could look for a heavier duty mounting system for my AUX lights I have mounted on MCL under the mirror mounts. What I have now hold the lights, but I'm afraid they will just bounce up and down as I ride. Too lite weight.

The MCL Mounts have one large threaded hole, the AUX lights have a single hole in the top of rear part of the housing.

I would like to come up with something better. I'll get a picture of it tonight and post here.

Thanks!

Well, it looks like I found what I was looking for:

Westin High Performance LED Light Bar Bottom Mount Bracket

I looked up the part numbers for the police mirror mounts. They come in white and are 40.00ea. Require longer bolts 6x40 and 6x50.
88900-MCS-A30
88800-MCS-A30

Guess I should have read further. I'm behind the curve on parts numbers.

Was gifted theses by my local mechanic. I thanked him with some beer. He said the mirror housings are the same on police and civilian models.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 27
I have the Dick Seng brackets which are nearly identical except the arm to which the light is bolted is shorter.

This means I don't think I can mount the lights I have (Soltek same as those at the MCL site). So new brackets or new lights.

Back
Top Bottom