Need Martin Fabrication Brackets Pics Please

BeBeep

Mopars Baby!!!
STOC #
Could folks who have Martin Fabrication fork brackets installed please post a few good pics of how the are mounted and look please?

Also what lights did you mount to them? PIAA 1100"s or ............

Thank You :)

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Just got those in too ;) Going to replace my EC lights with PIAA 1100X using those mounts. Was looking at my fender... looks like they go on where the reflectors are, where my EC lights are currently mounted :rolleyes: Guess I'll find out when I sit down to do it :confused:

OP
OP
BeBeep

BeBeep

Mopars Baby!!!
STOC #
sherob said:
Just got those in too ;) Going to replace my EC lights with PIAA 1100X using those mounts. Was looking at my fender... looks like they go on where the reflectors are, where my EC lights are currently mounted :rolleyes: Guess I'll find out when I sit down to do it :confused:
Can you post pics when you get them installed? I am trying to decide if i want to go that route or try something else.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I just mounted them... I decided to leace the EC lights one, no such thing as to many lights :rolleyes: So mine are mounted up ;) Haven't hooked them up yet or aligned them :cool:

Attachments

sherob said:
I just mounted them... I decided to leace the EC lights on, no such thing as to many lights :rolleyes: So mine are mounted up ;) Haven't hooked them up yet or aligned them :cool:
Rob, are the lower ones the Electrical Connection ones, and which mounts are they on. I would like a set of fork mounted lights, on a relay with the low beams, for everyday daylight driving and regular "always on" night driving. The purpose would be to increase my visibility to others. I feel my High beams are fine for my night riding / commuting conditions.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
STeve1300 said:
Rob, are the lower ones the Electrical Connection ones, and which mounts are they on. I would like a set of fork mounted lights, on a relay with the low beams, for everyday daylight driving and regular "always on" night driving. The purpose would be to increase my visibility to others. I feel my High beams are fine for my night riding / commuting conditions.

The EC lights are on the bottom... perfect for running all the time. The uppers are PIAA 1100's. The EC lights get you noticed and are bright to the eye's but really don't put out that much riding light ;)

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Boogers are all hooked up and ready to go... they are very bright even during the day :D When it gets dark I'll roll her out to the street to line them up so I won't burn retina's of oncoming drivers :eek:

STOC #
STeve1300 said:
Steve, Those are the EC lights and they are mounted on the brackets that come with the ST1300 kit. I mounted the same set-up on Kemp-STer's ride.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I rode in this morning with the PIAA's on... WOW! :eek: That is some bright white light! :D Makes the headlight's look yellow :eek: Them boogers get HOT when your aligning them up the way you want them :eek:: No flashes from cars... they light up the road just the way I want them to :)

Bike
2009 C14
If I want to mount the PIAA 1100x's down low on the forks what mounts are recommended? I just want to be more visible to others during the night and day. I do not do a lot of night riding and when I do the roads are prety well lit in my area. My PRIMARY concern is the people turning left in front of me. With that in mind is a lower or mirror mount recommended? I considered modulation but wanted more purpose. Thanks!!

Hey Rob,
Are you going to be mounting that CardioTrainer on the old ST as well? :D

I have to tell you guys - one of the simple pleasures I get is looking at the pics to see how much s&$t other people have in their garages. It makes me feel better about having to kick my way through mine. ;)

I know - I need to get a life....
Al

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
allandry said:
Hey Rob,
Are you going to be mounting that CardioTrainer on the old ST as well? :D

I have to tell you guys - one of the simple pleasures I get is looking at the pics to see how much s&$t other people have in their garages. It makes me feel better about having to kick my way through mine. ;)

I know - I need to get a life....
Al
Nice to see you picking up Chris' attitude slack :D New secret farkle I'm working on... shhhhh :rolleyes: At least you don't see the otherside of the garage :eek: One of those "honey dews" that honey hadn't done yet :rolleyes:

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I think that Rob is just trying to warm up the rain before he gets pelted with it. LOL!! He's kinda like Chris when it comes to making rain.

STOC #
Rob -
Any problems with the hanger in the "up" position? :confused: They (Martin Fabrication) warn of turning to full lock with the fork compressed to check for cleanance with the fairing. I can get it to full lock easily, but getting it fully compressed seems awkward.
Standing by .............................:eek::

I just mounted them... I decided to leace the EC lights one, no such thing as to many lights :rolleyes: So mine are mounted up ;) Haven't hooked them up yet or aligned them :cool:

Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Here's a close-up of my set up with the Martin fabrication mounts. I opted to put them in the lower position, but it does create a bit of a conflict with the fork reflectors--partially solved with a couple of 6mm washers.

Attachments

Top Bottom