New battery suggestions

Dave Austin

Silver Bullet
I am going to replace the OEM battery in my 2003 ST as it is now three plus years old. My wife and I are planning a trip this summer and want to be sure there are no unexpected surprises.

Any suggestions on the best battery and where to buy would be great.

many thanks-:03biker:

Dave

Bike
Aprilia Atlantic 200
STOC #
Yup...Tuc. Ordered mine online at 5pm on Wed and it arrived at 5pm the next day!

$95.XX to my door.

$95.xx to your door? Is it gold plated?
Seriously, did the original battery show signs of failure or are you just being pro-active. Many friends who ride ST1100's say that their batteries typically last 4-5 years. I think the ST1300ABS even with it's heavier electrical demand could do as well; even more so perhaps with the heavier duty battery (than the 1100) and more robust charging system. No?

Pete

Last edited:
Bike
Aprilia Atlantic 200
STOC #
karaszp said:
$95.xx to your door? Is it gold plated?
Seriously, did the original battery show signs of failure or are you just being pro-active. Many friends who ride ST1100's say that their batteries typically last 4-5 years. I think the ST1300ABS even with it's heavier electrical demand could do as well; even more so perhaps with the heavier duty battery (than the 1100) and more robust charging system. No?

Pete
Full retail on the proper battery is about $150. My bike was built in '02. The battery was getting a bit tired. I ride alone a lot and don't like suprizes.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Take care of a battery and it should last a lot longer than 3 years. I got 10 years out of my last battery before it showed any signs of trouble. I plug into the Battery Tender...the power lead hangs on a hook right next to where I park the bike.

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
Bones said:
Take care of a battery and it should last a lot longer than 3 years. I got 10 years out of my last battery before it showed any signs of trouble. I plug into the Battery Tender...the power lead hangs on a hook right next to where I park the bike.
Same here, the tender is a must and you should get at least 5yrs out of a battery.

OP
OP

Dave Austin

Silver Bullet
New Battery

I have to say I agree with Paul.

Its cheap insurance.

My wife and I plan to do quite a bit of touring this summer. I ordered the battery from Tucker motorcycle supply in Fort Worth, Texas. Ahh Texas what a great country!

The gal there was super to deal with. I should see it today or tomorrow. $95.00 to my door. Never checked the honda dealership, I am sure it higher.

Also ordered an extra battery tender/terminal connector ($6.95) wire to keep a slow trickle charge when we are not riding. Thanks for all the feedback.

Ride Safe-:03biker:

Dave

Top Bottom