New gadgets

CruisingDog

CRZNDOG
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Just wondering what people would most like to be added to their bikes that they can't currently buy (or is way too expensive).

Personally I'd like to see some cheap alternatives to the LED brakelights for the top-box.

Ken

Bike
2009 Goldwing
STOC #
I would like to see a slightly longer kickstand that engages with a click near the end of the throw (ala HD) so you know when it's fully extended, and so you can use it on a bit more incline.

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
LIGHTS! I want to get the BLM brackets with the PIAA 910's on them. Spoiledbiker.com has them but I'm waiting on an opinion of the BLM brackets. Also I have to raise the cash. Ugh.

Besides those I also want some 1100's to mount either under the fairing or down by the forks but I haven't decided yet.

Curt

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
A rider backrest for the single Corbin would be muy bueno! :p: Saving for Staintunes... other than that I'm pretty much set :D

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
I would like to see a slightly longer kickstand that engages with a click near the end of the throw (ala HD) so you know when it's fully extended, and so you can use it on a bit more incline.
If it wouldn't have been for that 1 time,,, that 1 FRIGG"N SINGLE TIME,,, that I was in this Life or Death struggle at a gas pump I would not have any idea of which you speak...

I pulled up to the gas pump and quickly "FLIPPED" my sidestand down... Here is where it gets foggy... :rolleyes: I either flipped it down with to much gusto and it bounced back,,, or,,, my pants cuff caught it and pulled it back into the,,, "Non-Lock Zone"... :( I started to get off and as my leg is coming over the bike,,, I am letting it down on the sidestand which,,, is not there...

SHAZZAM!!!

I looked like Hulk Hogan as I struggled mightily to prevent my bike from crashing into the side of the gas pump... It took me about 1 1/2 minutes but,,, I finally won and saved the day...

Lesson Learned:

# 1 ~~~ VISUALLY,,, inspect that the side stand is down,,, and locked... :rolleyes:

# 2 ~~~ NEVER,,, EVER pull up close to ANYTHING,,, just in case,,, "STUPIDITY STRIKES"... :cool:

Last edited:
STOC #
I would like to see more options in the exhaust department. I'd also like to see some more power improvers, not like it is underpowdered, but hey, while I'm dreaming....

A trialer hitch would be a nice thing too, but I'd never pay $500 for one.

George

Bike
ST1300 ('04)
Maybe it's just me and my short legs, but I would like a back-up drive like on the GoldWing. This is a heavy bike. If I find myself having to back up a slight incline I am in trouble. The GL1800 does such a beautiful job of solving that problem. It would be nice if Honda offered that on the ST1300 as well. Alas ...
Ernie

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I'm with a backup drive but I'm already forkin' out enough cash for this beast. Make the cruise stock first, then a back up drive as an option or something.

gstanfield, there is someone in the Milwaukee area coming up with an exhaust for the ST. They said they needed someone to help them fit it and I volunteered to help but that was over 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since.

Curt

STOC #
Cool, let me know if you would as soon as they get something figured out. I am not real big on the looks of the staintune, wlthough they lok better than stock, and the 2B is supposed to be obnoxious, although I havn't heard one in person yet, so I'm just gonna wait until there are more options out there, and see/hear one in person before I buy. That's how I chose the exhaust on my VTX and I still love them every time I fire it up.

George

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
gstanfield said:
Cool, let me know if you would as soon as they get something figured out. I am not real big on the looks of the staintune, wlthough they lok better than stock, and the 2B is supposed to be obnoxious, although I havn't heard one in person yet, so I'm just gonna wait until there are more options out there, and see/hear one in person before I buy. That's how I chose the exhaust on my VTX and I still love them every time I fire it up.

George
To me the Staintune is also annoying but to each his own. I'll keep you informed of anything I find out.

Curt

Burger

mmmm hamburgers...
Bike
BMW K1600GT SE
STOC #
Central Locking...

I'd like to see central locking so that when you unlock the bike all other items unlock at the same time, especially the panniers (saddlebags) and top box. I'm surprised with the now normality of this on cars that a manufacturer like Honda haven't fitted it. Is it available on a goldwing? Anyhow, that's the only thing so far I think my bike is lacking. 2007 Honda? :)

Regards,

crazykz said:
LIGHTS! I want to get the BLM brackets with the PIAA 910's on them. Spoiledbiker.com has them but I'm waiting on an opinion of the BLM brackets. Also I have to raise the cash. Ugh.

Besides those I also want some 1100's to mount either under the fairing or down by the forks but I haven't decided yet.

Curt
I took a look at http://www.spoiledbiker.com/blmst1300.html and much to my surprise, there is a picture of my ST. I used the BLM brackets for my 1100X's.

I do like the BLM's. They fit very nicely. The only downside I've found is it's something else you have to remove if you want to take the front fairing off.

Pat

Top Bottom