New Member Hello from West Texas

Just want to say hello introduce myself. Originally from Western Washington, work took me to Northern California for 14 years, then moved to West Texas late in 2020.

A bit more distance to cover riding from here, so I picked up a ST last year. I loved it so much that I just bought a second ST yesterday. One will be for my son to ride. We’ve been doing 2-3 day trips for several years, but it’s gotten more challenging as we’re multiple states apart now. With two ST’s, I figure he can fly in for more adventures together.

I think the ST is a great balance of handling and comfort for the sport touring segment. I’m sure that’s a common sentiment here. What a great value and bang for your buck too. Here are my ST’s.

2005 Non-ABS with 41,000 miles purchased in August for $3500. Original owner in his early 70’s provided maintenance records and had a dealer change all fluids and give it the once over to prepare it for sale. It had a Helibar riser that I didn’t care for and removed. The Sargent seat is quite comfortable and a radar detector and some other small goodies were also included.
0D875EFF-B5E8-4510-9537-7F96AAFE166E.jpeg

2004 ABS model with 36,000 miles purchased yesterday for $4000. Prior ownership history not entirely known, but the most recent owner had it for the past two years and provided a receipt for an oil change, new front and rear tires, and brakes all around that was just completed. I’ll need to change the other fluids since last service interval is unknown. Stock seat currently on the bike, but a heated Corbin also came with the bike. Said it came with the bike when he got it, but he didn’t think it was comfortable. Guess I’ll see what my butt thinks of it.
172A33A6-C283-47A9-98BB-D9BB30A93E75.jpeg

Last edited:
Bike
ST 1300 - 2010
welcome from Costa Rica.

it’s awesome riding with your son. Mine isn’t large enough to handle the weight of an ST, but he has his 600 he does fine with

once again welcome

Tedbrogden

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Versys 1000LT
2024 Miles
Welcome from Wichita Falls! Whereabouts in west Texas are you? Make sure you check the events listing as we do many RTEs and RTCs, etc!

Welcome from NW Arkansas! I’m a new member here as well and this place is the Bible for the ST1100 and 1300. I’ve transformed what I thought was a road ready bike to one that now is with the help of members here. Especially @Igofar. Any and all info you may want and need on your 1300,s is right here. Congrats!

OP
OP
Lodi
Welcome! There is no shortage of texans with st’s! Check out the Medina Tx bike meet coming up!
From Boston!
Thanks. That’s Texas hill country? I’ve read about riding the Twisted Sisters. I’ll have to check out that post.

Welcome from Wichita Falls! Whereabouts in west Texas are you? Make sure you check the events listing as we do many RTEs and RTCs, etc!
I’m as far west as you can get in Texas…El Paso. Riding so far has been up into New Mexico and Colorado and a bit in Arizona.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Thanks. That’s Texas hill country? I’ve read about riding the Twisted Sisters. I’ll have to check out that post.

I’m as far west as you can get in Texas…El Paso. Riding so far has been up into New Mexico and Colorado and a bit in Arizona.
I rode some two lane with a speed limit sighn of 55 across texas to Albuquerque. 55mpg? Yea, sure!

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
Welcome to the forum! From El Paso it is a long way east even to the Davis Mountains and Big Bend for some good riding. Check out New Mexico. Hwy 152 from Hillsboro to Silver City is an awesome ride. US 191, the Coronado Trail in Eastern Arizona is one of my favorites.

OP
OP
Lodi
Welcome to the forum! From El Paso it is a long way east even to the Davis Mountains and Big Bend for some good riding. Check out New Mexico. Hwy 152 from Hillsboro to Silver City is an awesome ride. US 191, the Coronado Trail in Eastern Arizona is one of my favorites.
I already found 152 and 191 an plan to get down to Big Bend this year before it gets too hot. Exploring further east will likely have to wait a bit.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Congrats on getting that bang on the $$$! :dr13: :bl13:

I've been riding ST1300s since November 2005, best bikes I've ever owned!

If you are capable of doing your own maintenance, get the shop manual and go for it. You'll save big bucks.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Welcome from sunny Arizona!
Congratulations on the bikes!
If you need anything service related feel free to call me on the white courtesy phone, or ride down and let me take one or both of your bikes hostage.

Top Bottom