New T31 GT's....

flip-flop

I do not consent to a search...
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Does the yellow dot on the side of my new T31's denote the heavy spot on the tire? Is there such an indicator?

OP
OP
flip-flop

flip-flop

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
LOL.... now this is funny... I started this thread back in Sept. 2019 because I was installing a new T31 on the front, trying my (new to me) cycle hill tire changer for the first time.
I had only changed the front as I had a relatively new PR4GT on the back.

So here I am, Jan. 2021 changing the rear finally.
I had to do a google search on the yellow dot-- the second in the list was this very thread.....
I had no idea I asked this same question then, lol.... my mind isn't what it was.....

OP
OP
flip-flop

flip-flop

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
well, let me tell you what....

a man's got to know his limitations. and I sure reached mine today with this T31.

A cool day and this thing is WAY stiffer than a PR4-- no way in hell am I getting this on.

Front tires are easy, this T31 kicked my butt..... after my shoulder surgery last year I cannot do stuff like this anymore. :(

Bummer - sorry to read this.

I recently mounted a 020 in less than two minutes (notorious for stiffness), so you can too (63 with rotator cuff damage) ... step back, relax, and install it without a deadline in mind

OP
OP
flip-flop

flip-flop

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Caldercay, thanks to your words of encouragement, I decided to give it another shot. I wasn't very happy with the tire lube I had originally tried-- it seemed to dry very quickly so I bought some paste type stuff.
Also put the tire out in the sun to warm.

This is only me second time trying to put on my own tires so I'm still learning technique. But I got it!!
Very happy this morning!!

Thanks!!!!!

Top Bottom