New to the group

Hello. I am new to this group and once this post is approved, I will be able to post in the for sale/wanted section.
I saw that a member(Stu) is/was looking for an ECU for an '07 ST1300. Unfortunately, I am parting out my '07 and my ECU is available and has no error codes.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Welcome from Birmingham.
Which state are you from... ? Your screen name is so cryptic.
But I'll guess at it -- Louisiana, am I right?
/sarcasm
On a more serious note, I seem to recall a couple riders here considering or looking for an ECU.
Does parting out mean a wrecked bike? Hate to hear that, if so. Different twist on "organ donor", but at least it isn't you donating.

OP
OP
MtnhighCO
I am located on the Western Slope of Colorado
I have monitored the site over the years, but never joined. I figured there were enough people on the site,who knew what they were talking about, to keep my opinion out of it.
I have listed my bike parts as available in the for sale section of the site. Mainly I just don't want the bike to end up in the scrap heap, if there are parts riders can use. It's my observation that Honda and most other quality manufactures, don't make them like they used to.
Thanks for the hello.

Bike
st1300 vfr800
Welcome to the site . I spent a few days in Montrose and area a few years ago ,great riding and fun times .

OP
OP
MtnhighCO
Welcome from WA STate...

You going to get another st?
T
Probably not, but then again I had an '04 ST that I sold to a friend years ago and then ended up buying another one a few years later. I will have the winter to think about it. Maybe an AT or the new Transalp.

OP
OP
MtnhighCO
Welcome to the site . I spent a few days in Montrose and area a few years ago ,great riding and fun times .
Western CO and Utah have gotten more crowded in the last 30 years, but yes, still great scenery and riding.
I will get back to you on the ECU. Lots of interest and I learned it's out of production. I understand that manufacturers can't keep manufacturing parts forever, but it sure does seem that a modern ECU computer, running the old code, could be modified to operate all of the legacy bikes. A power lead, a ground lead and a custom wire harness for each model. Hmmmm.

Top Bottom