Nigeria -Benin-Togo-Ghana done in May.

Bike
04 ST1300
Had a 3 country trip in May 12 and back to Nigeria already, never been to these countries previously. Celebrated Bob Marley day(11/May) with interesting Rastas.
Used the recently renovated 07 ST, it went smoothly without a hitch. Everybody likes the red ST and i had a lot of explanation to give people on bike info.

Attachments

• akuma.JPG
    akuma.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Benin rep.JPG
    Benin rep.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 111
  • Benin republic.JPG
    Benin republic.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Ghana.JPG
    Ghana.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Ghana 2.JPG
    Ghana 2.JPG
    273.9 KB · Views: 105
  • lome togo1.JPG
    lome togo1.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 125
  • lome2.JPG
    lome2.JPG
    226.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Ghana Rasta council..JPG
    Ghana Rasta council..JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 139
Nicely done, longerone! Love the pics! (Now "Buffalo Soldier" is going to go around and around in my head all day!! Lol!)

Patty

Nicely done, looks like you/they had a great time...that first pic kinda looked like a mini STOC event...ride safe.

Doug / JammaMan

Most excellent photos of your recent trip. Your red bike is looking good and it appears you had perfect weather. Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Terry

Thanks for sharing your ride pics. Despite differences around the world some things are the same - pictures of friends old and new and pictures of a bike crossing a new border.

Looks to me like you're living life large. I'm envious! Relaxed and smiling...nothing but good.

ps Can you find out where the guy with the red pants bought them, I need a pair of those.

MellowDread.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the ride report. I really look forward to reading about your travels. That ST1300 must be one of the fastest motorcycles in Nigeria.

Hey Longerone. Nice photos.

In the last photo, you and your 3 friends are touching each others thumb and index finger. What's the significance of that? Looks like a special "until the next time" kind of farewell.

Paging Mr. Diesel! Mr. Dinkie Diesel! Please report to the Photoshop department immediately.

--Mark

Let's not make this about me again... please, this is about a ride report... .(whew, wonder if that worked.)

Salmanu,

Very Nice! I never thought I would see an ST in West Africa!! Very nice. Stay safe brother. I hope you live on the coast. I live in Naples, Italy, feel free to come visit if youa re in the area.

JD

Back
Top Bottom