NM: Tag

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Ok I couldnt leave New Mexico without starting the Tag there. I figured it was the balloon festival weekend so....

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: NM Tag

And... another lonely tag....

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #

I may have to get that tag on the way back to San Diego after I go to Ohio from Big Bend. I know of a couple of nice tags in Grants.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #

wow I figured with the above threat someone would have went to Fiesta Park. OK, here's the old and new tags. Hopr it doesn't last as long as NoBull's!!! I think because the old tag lasted so long, I'll give you two choices. Good luck folks.

Attachments

OP
OP
NoBull

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #

Hot dang someone finally got the NM tag, those dont look familiar Im going to have to do some investigation. Good job Mac..

OP
OP
NoBull

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #

Mac, we googled away and Im pretty sure we found both....We wanted the one with the Bulls on it. However you saying it is off 60, we might have the wrong spot...An old game show comes to mind with our location...

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

Well, it took a call to Mac to get'er done, but I got'er done:march trip 09 203.jpgmarch trip 09 211.jpg
I had the towns crossed and spent a half hour looking for the coffee shop in Truth Or Consequences.

There's lots of potential Tags in New Mexico. For instance, the motel I stayed in Saturday night: march trip 09 213.jpg

Or the Very Large Array antennas: march trip 09 215.jpg

How about the Continental Divide? march trip 09 217.jpg Nah, too conventional.

My original intent was to tag Pie Town (the spiritual heart of st-owners). Got a photo of both pie shops march trip 09 222.jpgmarch trip 09 218.jpg but both were locked up tight. This is my third trip to Pie Town in the last year and I've never found'em open.

My foot prints were the only ones in the fresh snow. march trip 09 221.jpg No car tracks in either lot, too. So, I decided they no longer deserve our respect, or our tag.

Moving right along, could tag the restaurant I _finally_ found open in Quemado: march trip 09 225.jpg

Finally (yeah, we're nearly there) I decided to go right to the edge. The sign is in Arizona but the bike and the foreground are in New Mexico. Tag THIS! march trip 09 227.jpg

This pic shows the stone state-line marker off the north side of the road: march trip 09 226.jpg

All the other pics should be hint enuff of where these pics were taken. Now, all ya gotta do is get there before the next snow storm hits. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie

NM tags? How'd I miss this?

OK I don't know how to play, is there a time limit? I only get up to the north side every month or so.

George got the second tag, is there a third tag?

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #

Wow you finally got some good weather and stopped to smell pie cafes!!! Way to go George!!! i'm pretty sure I know which road that is on.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

NM tags? How'd I miss this?

OK I don't know how to play, is there a time limit? I only get up to the north side every month or so.

George got the second tag, is there a third tag?
River, read the rules at the top of each TAG thread (TAG has it's own forum here.)

Not every state has a tag running, and not every state that has one is very active. It'll pick up as the weather improves.

I'm surprised Big Tom didn't get the current AZ Tag while he was out yesterday. :D

OP
OP
NoBull

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #

Nice George, Im pretty sure I know where that tag is as well. I actually stopped for coffee at that same restaurant in Quemado, but I turned north and headed for home at that point. Pie Town was closed when I was there as well...

Bike
2014 Super Tenere
STOC #

George, you beat me to them. I was going to head out next week and get those tags. Your new tags are better (good route) for me. I should be able to get all of them in one loop.

Don't feel bad George about the pie. I have been through Pie Town 5 times and only ate at the Daily Cafe once. All other times both were closed.

River, post your tag and its replacement. Maybe I will be lucky and get that as well.

Later!

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

Michael, I met up with a guy from Albuquerque in Socorro. He was on a 990 KTM, feeling the cold.

Only the last "tag" pic really counts but all those pics were taken along the same route. Easy enuff to find. Scenic route but not real twisty. I prefer the AZ side, especially headed south down the 191.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

Bump!

Has it warmed up in NM yet? I'll be headed that way next weekend and I can't get my own tag! :D

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #

George:

Looking at two pictures in your Post #12:

and

And, assuming that you left the bike in the same position for both pictures, it would appear that the granite marker should be on the south side of the road, rather than the north side. You'd obviously have to be looking west in the first picture (if your bike is indeed on NM property), which would suggest north is to the right side. But, given the orientation of your bike, and how it appears in the second picture, it would suggest that the granite marker is on the other side of the road - the south side.

Am I correct, or am I confused?

(99% sure I know where this is, but I won't be in NM for a couple of weeks - this one will probably be tagged by then :()

Steve

Last edited:
Top Bottom