No Mar truck hitch option

STOC #
I bought a No Mar tire changer about ten years ago and mounted the contraption on the back porch. Great little device out here in the sticks where MC shops are nonexistent.

I have moved to a new location and don’t want to install the thing in the enclosed garage. The truck hitch temporary mount looks like a viable solution to limited space.

Has anyone used the hitch mount? Any other ideas? Thank you in advance and I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I have and it works fine on my no mar. I prefer the solid mount of a garage floor but if space is at a premium or you aren't allowed to drill holes, or just don't want to.. the hitch is a great alternative.

I have used it as well and it works just fine. Of course you can't walk around it 360 degrees but its a non-issue.

I've used only a hitch-mounted No-Mar, but found I wanted to work with my truck's tailgate down. So I made a hinged/folding extension as shown in the photo ... and I did shorten it later as it was a bit too long. Yeah, there's a bit of leverage imposed on the rear suspension when in use, but it's quite manageable. Have changed over 60 tires with this arrangement. Also makes it convenient when I want to change tires in places other than at home.DSC01395.JPG

Last edited:
I don't know how many tire changes Byron does these days (especially since he's not around me! ;) But he used the hitch mount all the time!

100_1381.JPG

The No-Mar tire changer I have now, will not work on a hitch mount.

2021-08-18-tirechange.jpg

When I had the no mar the receiver hitch mount was a nice option. It was a little tall for me so got a drop hitch attachment so I'd have more leverage for breaking the bead.

I now have a Rabaconda and, for me, it's easier to use than the no mar.

@Mellow have you changed anyone's GS or GSA tires with your Rabaconda?
I'm reading of some having difficulties with their cross-spoked wheels, and apparently those are better suited for use with the streetbike version, as opposed to dualsport / dirtbike version.

I'm reading of some having difficulties with their cross-spoked wheels, and apparently those are better suited for use with the streetbike version, as opposed to dualsport / dirtbike version.
Did they buy the kit for dirt and dual sport tire changes? If so, they are using the wrong tire changer.

Rabaconda states the following;
Please note! For modern BMW GS and other cross-spoked wheels use Rabaconda Street Bike Tire Changer

Not yet but have changed super tenere tires and it was fine.

Been using my NoMar Cycle Hill hitch mount for years now. (except when I get lazy) Bought it second hand and it paid for it's self after 4 tire changes. Fold up nice for storage when not in use.

Unrelated question for you, I just obtained a Cycle Hill 2nd hand and it's missing the 3 "center posts". Could I just replace these with some black iron pipe? I see NoMar sells a replacement kit, but they are quite expensive for what I'm guessing they are.

Thanks!

Unrelated question for you, I just obtained a Cycle Hill 2nd hand and it's missing the 3 "center posts". Could I just replace these with some black iron pipe? I see NoMar sells a replacement kit, but they are quite expensive for what I'm guessing they are.

Thanks!
Sure can. If you look closely at the pictures you will see I use a piece of steel rod for a center post that fits through the wheel bearings of my moto wheels.

Top Bottom