No start, FI code 13

Welcome to the club!

mice.jpg

Got her back together and running last night. Took a little longer than I'd like, forgot the FPR hose and wound up with a nice fuel leak when I cranker her up. :eek:: Fortunately was able to get it back on without pulling the airbox off.

Took advantage of having all the tupperware off and checked the valves - 75k miles and all are still in spec. Also wired in a fuse block and relay I picked up at local auto parts store, replaced Garmin GPS power wire, and (carefully) power washed her to get all the road grime and junk off. Looks and purrs like a new ST. Now to put the tupperware on, give her a proper bath (her yearly is past due), and get back on the road again. :D

Got her back together and running last night. Took a little longer than I'd like, forgot the FPR hose and wound up with a nice fuel leak when I cranker her up. :eek:: Fortunately was able to get it back on without pulling the airbox off.

Took advantage of having all the tupperware off and checked the valves - 75k miles and all are still in spec. Also wired in a fuse block and relay I picked up at local auto parts store, replaced Garmin GPS power wire, and (carefully) power washed her to get all the road grime and junk off. Looks and purrs like a new ST. Now to put the tupperware on, give her a proper bath (her yearly is past due), and get back on the road again. :D

Excellent, sounds like you are making good progress. Just don't forget to put a couple of mouse traps under the air box! :nuke1:

I just cannot hardly believe what these mice do. Geeeez! I'm going to feed any I have so much they'll be TOO FAT to get under the tank!

Funny you mentioned that. I had my wife pick up a couple boxes of moth balls (jokes starting in 3-2-..) I planned on putting a few under the TB, but got side tracked. Put a few under the seat instead, hopefully that will be close enough. :shrug1:

Excellent, sounds like you are making good progress. Just don't forget to put a couple of mouse traps under the air box! :nuke1:

on our way home from dinner tonight whiule sitting at a light, I see a mouse under the car in front of us jump up into the rear tire rim. Then it comes back down and comes towards our car...I couldn't see it after that, but I know darn well it hitched a ride home and now I'm going to wind up with a mouse in my garage! :eek:4:

They got mine between parking last Wednesday afternooon and going to get fuel on Friday for a run Saturday. Thanks for the thread, as I new what to look for. I did a temp repair with solder, wire and shrink wrap. New harness coming in this weekend. How hard is it to get to the tail end of that sub harness? I don't have a manual. :-( Always figured I would have the work done. Also, they ate the 2 front fuel injectors, including the tags. Which one is number 1? :)

on our way home from dinner tonight whiule sitting at a light, I see a mouse under the car in front of us jump up into the rear tire rim. Then it comes back down and comes towards our car...I couldn't see it after that, but I know darn well it hitched a ride home and now I'm going to wind up with a mouse in my garage! :eek:4:

No, you're going to wind up with a mouse in your airbox!!!!

Been here done that....Over night as well so definately not union mice...Good thing the subharness is not too expensive buts its something I would rather avoid....

So we got a kitty and some trip wire/IEDs..(I'll miss the cat...LOL..Kidding about the cat)

They got mine between parking last Wednesday afternooon and going to get fuel on Friday for a run Saturday. Thanks for the thread, as I new what to look for. I did a temp repair with solder, wire and shrink wrap. New harness coming in this weekend. How hard is it to get to the tail end of that sub harness? I don't have a manual. :-( Always figured I would have the work done. Also, they ate the 2 front fuel injectors, including the tags. Which one is number 1? :)

#1 is front left, #2 front right...

you will have to remove both fairings, the end of the sub harness is basically under the frame at the left rear of the gas tank. you can fish the harness into place without removing the throttle bodies, just takes a little time...

I had this problem once. Solution? Found me a nice kitty that likes to sleep in the garage. Mice are animals of instinct, they smell the presence they're prolly not gonna hang around. No mice problem since.

Thanks. I figured I could fish it without pulling the Throttle Bodies with a little effort. Thanks for reinforcing that thought! Parts coming in tomorrow. Can work on it on Mother's Day right? Mrs can cook at the cookout. Its her mother and mother in law too! Thanks also for the info on the cylinder numbers. Wasn't sure if they numbered them right around, or if that was a firing order. Don't want to put it all together to find out it is plugged in to the wrong injectors and pull it all apart again!

Back
Top Bottom