Noraly's gopro helmet mount

ChriSTian_64

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
I am currently experimenting with helmet mounts for my gopro camera. I discovered an american brand (Proshot) that look interesting.

It is a chin mount, but what is unique about this one, is that it sticks, using a special kind of velcro, under the chin of your helmet, and, your gopro being an inch in front of your helmet, it gives more room to tilt it upward, a bit more, to look straight ahead.
Then, watching Noraly (Itchy boots) season three, I realised she is now using this brand with her new white helmet.
Screenshot_20200821-154917.png

I wanted a confirmation that she is really using this brand, not another similar one, and yes, she his mentionning it on her internet blog site (www.itchyboots.com) in the riders guide section, where she is giving details about the riding gear that she use for season 3.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
There are several different strength velcros - Hopot has some with an adhesive backing for hanging tools. 3M also has their plastic version - I forget what they call it. No doubt there are other variations on the theme.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Dual lock is what holds my headlight protector in place, to remove it you have to pull really hard.

st1300doug

BUT......that's exactly where my 'modular' release button is. I found a "V"- shaped mount on Amazon.....that allows good 'air' between the helmet & and the chin guard. Watching this thread........

OP
OP
ChriSTian_64

ChriSTian_64

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
BUT......that's exactly where my 'modular' release button is.
Hum... maybe you could have just enough space to operate your release button.
I have notice that the proshot tip is at a small distance from the helmet. In fact, you can set it with as much distance you want, since you put the velcro to hold it, where you want it. They also suggest that you use a heat gun, if necessary, to adapt the curvature to exactly fit your helmet.

Me, on my HJC I-70, there is a slider, on the left side (under the little white sticker, on this picture), to lower or raise the sun visor.
So I think that PROSHOT mount would probably cover it a bit.. or maybe not. I could always cut a bit of the Proshot, if necessary, to make it fit.

20200805_191543.jpg

I also bought another chin mount from amazon, with a "Y" shape, and 3 thin straps. But you can't clip close your main visor with it. And it will also hide the chin air intakes.
Screenshot_20200823-201606.png

Haven't tried it yet though. But that is why I'm still looking at other options.

Last edited:

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
amazon, with a "Y" shape, and 3 thin straps. But you can't clip close your main visor with it. And it will also hide the chin air intakes.
I have that unit. I can close my visor, it does impede operation of the buttons.
This proshot has given me an idea to make my own out of aluminum strapping. I have the velcro....it's worth a try. ;)

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Thanks @ChriSTian_64 for bringing this to my attention. I made something similar for under $10. It's aluminum, and rather sturdy. I just need to paint it to match my helmet. ;)

Attachments

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
I would have to think that this kind of mount eliminates being able to just glance down at your gauges. I assume now you have to tilt your head down a bit?

Top Bottom