NT1100 Pictures

It’s not a bad looking bike but it could be any YamaHonaKawakaSuki or Truimph for that matter rolled out in 2021. I personally don’t like these TFT dashes at all, it’s yet another lifeless screen to look at, but it seems inevitable we are getting them no matter. If you have your bike for a short time (say within warranty period) and then change it’s probably fine but owning one of these (and I mean any Euro5) new Gen bike in the 5-10 year or +10 year bracket just seems like a potential expensive headache. Sooooo many gadgets, sensors, electrical things to go wrong. It certainly doesn’t make me think yea I want it.

Well done Honda, it might be The Answer, they are listening after all.
It should be stonking, engine and handling wise and the looks are nice and steady.
A bit like a newer version of this which could do 2 week, 2 up trips with ease. The luggage seems to be the latest NC750X kit.
DSC00488~2.jpg

1634769791533-png.283866

I'm in love! This is really nice looking. I bet it handles a lot more like an ST than one might think. And DCT! Touch screen and Apple Car Play! Seat height is higher than I'd like and it still has a chain.

Looks very promising! what about the air-conditioner? it has everything else! A bit different than my Vellocette Thruxton. ( wish i still had it)

Looks to be a very practical machine that ticks a lot of boxes. The parallel twin engine is light and inexpensive to manufacture. However, the all-important torque rating is disappointing.
V-fours and flat sixes are more impressive, but have a much smaller market share, due to cost.

So where does this fit between my 2014 FJR1300 and my 2019 Versys 1000 LT SE. Price Point is going to be the big factor. I am not a big tech guy so the fancy touch screen dash is not a big deal, but not found of the Instrument cluster styling. Advantages of the FJR over the NT1100 is more horse power and two extra cylinders. Disadvantage is 112 more lbs in weight. Advantages of the Big Versys is more horse power two more cylinders, Electronic suspension. Disadvantages are, tall bike, 40 lbs more in weight. Chain vs. shaft is not a consideration. Some one else said it earlier. It looks like the design was a conglomeration of all the other Japanese brands with a touch of the Euro brands thrown in. Time will tell.

DCT? Nah...if I don't want to shift, I'll take my SUV, thank you.

I'll keep my ST1100 as well, thank you.

Or replace it with a Wee Strom if I ever have to because of a lack of parts or something worse.

I too am tired of the insectification of motorcycle design.

Odds are, if/when these become available in the US, Honda will price themselves right out of selling any to the average commuter/recreational rider who is still raising kids and has bills to pay.

Y'all have at her. Not for me.

:twocents1:

Wait till you have to work on those things...

Recently had the "pleasure" of touching a Crosstourer to find Honda came to the bright idea of using Torx bolts now...

Wasted 3 bits attempting to replace the front rotors...

IMG_20211023_102021.jpg

had to bring out the big guns...

IMG_20211023_101712.jpg

:rolleyes:

Wait till you have to work on those things...

Honda doesn't want you to work on them anymore and that is becoming an issue with all auto/bike makers. Right now, there is a consumer/manufacturer/government regulation fight over this issue, because manufacturers are taking the stance that their technical info about their products is trade secret material. You can not buy a factory service manual from some companies now, Royal Enfield being one that I know of for sure, because I have tried to get one for my new RE bike, with zero luck. Even the owner's manual for this bike is very limited on any technical information. A simple thing like torque values not even available.

The days of a simple easy DIY machine, like our 1100's, are done, IMO.

Cat
Looks to be a very practical machine that ticks a lot of boxes. The parallel twin engine is light and inexpensive to manufacture. However, the all-important torque rating is disappointing.
V-fours and flat sixes are more impressive, but have a much smaller market share, due to cost.
Catcher, from memory isn't that around the same torque as the ST11 at around the same RPM, not forgetting that the available torque hasn't got to work so hard with a lot less mass to move.
Just saying.
Upt'North.

Liking the Suzuki GSX1000 GT better
Looks like Suzuki just hung some bags on one of their sport bikes and calls it sport tourer. Of course my 72 year old body would never fit / bend enough to be comfortable on the Suzuki. That is what make motorcycles so interesting, so many choices.

Last edited:
Looks like Suzuki just hung some bags on one of there sport bikes and calls it sport tourer. Of course my 72 year old body would never fit / bend enough to be comfortable on the Suzuki. That is what make motorcycles so interesting, so many choices.

It is on the sportier side, but they put a regular bar on it in and I believe the foot pegs are lower. Still, I’ll want to throw a leg over it first.

https://suzukicycles.com/street/2022/gsx-s1000gt-plus#overview

I went to the Honda dealer yesterday to take a look at one.
He laughed. No they didn't have one in.
He didn't know that they were on the UK website.
He didn't know how much they were going to be (I did - £12K standard, £13K with Dual Clutch).
He didn't have a clue when they were coming in
He knew nothing about it except it seemed to be based on the Africa Twin.
Eventually he found it on the website.
Oh - its got a T in the name NT1100 - that means its a tourer. THeyv'e had a gap in the tourers for a long time.
It's a replacement for the Pan European he said and qualified it with it having a T in its name, had panniers, a fairing and a centre stand.
Suddenly he knew everything that there was to know about it.
Now it was my turn to laugh. I love it when people cannot bring themselves to say "I don't know", and then proceed to talk boll-twoddle.

Walking around the showroom before talking to him - I thought the NC750 with luggage looked rather similar.
But that was a stupid thought, as I have now learned - it doesn't have a T in its name.

Honda doesn't want you to work on them anymore and that is becoming an issue with all auto/bike makers. Right now, there is a consumer/manufacturer/government regulation fight over this issue, because manufacturers are taking the stance that their technical info about their products is trade secret material. You can not buy a factory service manual from some companies now, Royal Enfield being one that I know of for sure, because I have tried to get one for my new RE bike, with zero luck. Even the owner's manual for this bike is very limited on any technical information. A simple thing like torque values not even available.

The days of a simple easy DIY machine, like our 1100's, are done, IMO.

In general, I agree. My ST1100 was an analog bike and with a Clymer manual and forum support I was quite comfortable doing virtually all maintenance, including valve shim adjustments, all fluids, brakes, etc.......

My new to me Tracer GT is a substantially advanced bike, but I've downloaded the Yamaha shop manual (@ $15 U.S. a great deal BTW) and printed out about 200 pages of the 650 and intend to tackle the valve check and adjustment as well as the throttle body sync when due. Thing is, I researched the bike prior to purchase and knew the Yamaha shop manual was available, otherwise I would not have purchased the bike. There is a Tracer GT forum, but it's pretty basic compared to ST-owners.

As cars and bikes become more complex you're going to see fewer and fewer owners doing any maintenance on them. Given the complexity of a bike like the 2021 BMW K1600 or the 2021 Gold Wing can you see an owner working to keep a 30 year old bike on the road in 2051, similar to working on an 1991 ST1100 in 2021. Don't see it happening, aside from the issue of all gas powered bikes probably being legislated off the road sometime in the next 15 - 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom