Off to the high Tatra

When I lived in Hawaii we called them "shark bait" when they hit the water... they would fall sleep listening to the surf, you could hear their skin sizzle with all of the baby oil on. :nuts:

Yeah, now we can laugh.
But in the 70s, that was the thing. Burn and peel, then get tanned.
Just how it was.
Cigarettes and heroin and asbestos were once highly recommended, too, and that's why we say live and learn.

Yeah, now we can laugh.
But in the 70s, that was the thing. Burn and peel, then get tanned.
Just how it was.
Cigarettes and heroin and asbestos were once highly recommended, too, and that's why we say live and learn.
Who could peel the longest strip of skin off. The sun at Blackpool beach gave the best results and if you told the others in the class that you had been to far off Blackpool the you had to peel to prove.

When I lived in Hawaii we called them "shark bait" when they hit the water... they would fall sleep listening to the surf, you could hear their skin sizzle with all of the baby oil on. :nuts:
I lived on Malta. And we had a game of „spot the tourist“ in Winter when it was 20 degrees cold and we locals were in coat, hat, gloves and shawl. The British tourist was: T-shirt, cargos, Flipflop and sunburn. From the Airport to the nearest pub: „A pint of your cheapest lager will ya love?“

I grew up in the Caribbean, I've seen tourists with horrific sunburns. Huge raised water-filled blisters. We did try to warn them, but there's always a few. Of course, it might have to do with the consumption of "punch" that is almost flammable yet tastes entirely innocuous. Warn them about that too, but there's always a few that have to wake up in a hedge with no pants on, to get the message.

Back
Top Bottom