Old but New Again

Hi everyone. I'm an old member but haven't been on for a while. I had to sell my '04 in 2020 due to it not fitting in my garage. Moved to a condo single family home and mostly older adults there. Drove by a home 2 homes down and saw a blue bike in the garage out of the corner of my eye. Backed up and saw a blue ST with a topbox. Hmmmm. The owner of the condo is about 80 years old and a widow. So, I called her the next day and asked some questions. Do you ride? Is that an ST1300 in your garage? Who's is it? (was storing for her son), Where does he work (retired police officer), I said can i see the bike because i think it was mine 4 years ago which I bought new in '04. It was mine and I met the owner 2 days later. I said I missed riding (I"m not young) and he said he's thinking of selling it. Wow. So, after the winter, I said I'd like to buy it and he gave me a fantastic price due to it 'coming home again". LOL. So, I have my old ST1300 back. I just got a safety done (needed strut washers and now getting my sticker for my license. My wife said, "It was obviously meant to come back to you!".

I see some old posts from people like JeffF ( who lived near me ), Mellow, etc from the early 2000's. Love that I'm back. I did go on an Ontario, Canada STOC event I think in 2009. Might try that again.
Safe riding everyone.

Wow, great story.. yeah, we're still here, welcome back!

Back
Top Bottom