ST1100Y
Site Supporter
I had one of these back in the 1960s as well as a gyroscope that balanced on a model of the Eiffel Tower.
or a double exposure
and we were so bored we actually played with it...
Well, I folded "roads" out a used cash register roll and played on them with my Matchbox cars...and we were so bored we actually played with it...
I took a bath towel, drew the Superman logo on it with crayons, tied it around my neck as a cape and "flew" around the house.Well, I folded "roads" out a used cash register roll and played on them with my Matchbox cars...![]()
At least you didn't try to fly from the rooftop......tied it around my neck as a cape and "flew" around the house.
Hmmm... second story apartment with a balcony at that time... lucky for me it was winter & too cold outside.At least you didn't try to fly from the rooftop...
Well, we had wits, common sense...Hmmm... second story apartment with a balcony at that time... lucky for me if was winter & too cold outside.![]()
I think that is a real issue today - we made a lot of our toys, played with our toys, and used our brains to figure things out.Well, we had wits, common sense...
And we knew how to build and play with simple things, kept ourselves occupied for hours...
From what I observe do they simply have too many toys... then they sit in a pile of them, confused, overwhelmed of what to choose or use next... then resignation and "...I'm bored..."I think that is a real issue today - we made a lot of our toys, played with our toys, and used our brains to figure things out.
Nowadays, kids push a button or click an icon and watch their toys play from the comfort of their IPhone ...![]()
... and where your towel is...I remember "42"