Thanks for the reminder, Martin. I was in flight school when Armstrong stepped onto the surface of the moon. I set my almost 3 year old son in front of the TV so he can still to this day say that he saw it.
Last edited:
Dunno...
one was a rather innocent childhood memory...
the other visualizes a hormone induced teenage dream you'd never be able to afford nor maintain in real life...
I mean nice to look at... like a Lamborghini... or a luxury yacht where the slip-fees alone would bankrupt you within days...
In fairness, they are quite nice cansHuh? I was referring to the design of those cans...
Or a 20' sapling till it bends over and you touch the ground again.
I would do that. Went bigger and bigger. Then one tree wouldn't bend enough. Went out further, further, furth...SNAP! Oof!Or a 20' sapling till it bends over and you touch the ground again.
Can you imagine, working without all the bloatware aboard that was only created to force us into buying expensive hardware over, and over, and over again...Can you imagine? Windows 11, disk 1 of 14,322...
This is how I saved data with my first computer.


Can you imagine, working without all the bloatware aboard that was only created to force us into buying expensive hardware over, and over, and over again...
I still have one of these... with a lead acid battery!Oh yea??
My very first portable personal computer was a 1982 Panasonic Sr. Partner. It weighed over 30 US lbs. it had a click-on keyboard, a carrying handle, 2 5-1/4" floppy drives (pre 3 1/2"). I have no recollection of the green on black text screen size (3"x5" ??).
It had NO HARD DRIVE - you had to boot the operating system 5 1/4" floppy in one drive, boot up, then use a second 5 1/4" floppy for your data storage. Those 5 1/4" floppy disks were true floppy!
.
![]()


I used to have a Kaypro portable. Very similar.Oh yea??
My very first portable personal computer was a 1982 Panasonic Sr. Partner. It weighed over 30 US lbs. it had a click-on keyboard, a carrying handle, 2 5-1/4" floppy drives (pre 3 1/2"). I have no recollection of the green on black text screen size (3"x5" ??).
It had NO HARD DRIVE - you had to boot the operating system 5 1/4" floppy in one drive, boot up, then use a second 5 1/4" floppy for your data storage. Those 5 1/4" floppy disks were true floppy!
.
![]()

Refuses to work with the Garmin plotting programs...Yes. Linux.
Those were not 'portable' they were 'lugable' ...