Old Enough To Remember?

When I was a poor kid I remember one of the local banks would hand out really big ripe apples at Christmas time.
They were a real treat for a little feller that seldom had a an apple to eat.
 
"Do you remember Fizzies drink tablets, those small, effervescent tablets that promised to turn any glass of water into a delicious soda? They were a hit in the 60s and 70s, but have since faded from the shelves of grocery stores."

Fizzies-Drink-Tablets.png

 
"Do you remember Fizzies drink tablets, those small, effervescent tablets that promised to turn any glass of water into a delicious soda? They were a hit in the 60s and 70s, but have since faded from the shelves of grocery stores."

Fizzies-Drink-Tablets.png

UK version. I remember it well from the 1950s.
1000001287.jpg
 
S07_0003.jpg

Our first "New" car - 1970 Ford Maverick. Picture (wife and I) was taken in January of 1970 and we were headed to Bainbridge Maryland. I was in the United States Navy and was headed to Nuclear Power School. We had just been married about three weeks before this picture was taken. Oh, and it was 'stick shift'.

Turns out we took the car from GA to Maryland and then to Connecticut and then to Nova Scotia and then to Bremerton WA (northern route) and then back home to GA (southern route). Returning to GA in fall of 1971.
 
Last edited:
S07_0003.jpg

Our first "New" car - 1970 Ford Maverick. Picture (wife and I) was taken in January of 1970 and we were headed to Bainbridge Maryland. I was in the United States Navy and was head to Nuclear Power School. We had just been married about three weeks before this picture was taken. Oh, and it was 'stick shift'.

Turns out we took the car from GA to Maryland and then to Connecticut and then to Nova Scotia and then to Bremerton WA (northern route) and then back home to GA (southern route). Returning to GA in fall of 1971.
Great picture. Thanks for posting.
 
According to those younger generations, our parents only abused us during childhood…

Yeah, we were scared to get ourself into trouble...
They gave us curfews and whipped our bottom when we did something seriously wrong...
They made us do hose-hold chores and go to school; some even to church…
They put food on the table we were actually expected to eat...
They put clothes on our back we had to wear...
They suggested to get a job and actually work for the things we wanted and desired...
They insisted that we do our best at school, the workplace, and to take pride in our jobs...
We grew up with moral, values, work ethics, respect for the law and our elders…

hmmm... :unsure:
 
Last edited:
Doesn't it strike you as weird that the kids today that we complain about are somehow....our kids or the kids raised by our children, who we raised.
Of course, I have noticed it is always somebody else's kids who need guidance, not mine. Even though I still try to coach them in the ways of the world..... they still don't listen to me, I will have to be a better example, maybe they are watching at the least.
I also think it is interesting that I heard the exact same thing from my dad and my grandfather, just as a guess they heard it from their parents too. Too bad they did not have social media to help spread the word since what is spread there is only the truth, but wait, I am on social media now aren't I?
 
Back
Top Bottom