Old rider/old bike/introduction

Hello all, just bought a 2007 ST1300 with less than 5k miles on it! I had a 2002 ST1100 years ago and thought it was a fantastic bike but sold it later when I bought another Goldwing. I'm back in the fold now! I also have a 2021 Africa Twin. Guess I'm a bike slut because I've had so many different bikes over the years. The ST1300 would have been perfect with a cruise control and a gear indicator. I currently have added another fuse box to power a zumo xt and a phone charger. Put a Give E460 top box on it. Looking forward to reading forums and gaining knowledge from all of you. Thanks for letting me be a part.
PS I am in East Texas and have trailer/shop/tools if any ST'rs get stranded in the area.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
If it's not been ridden, look for info on the SMC around here. Make sure the rear wheel turns freely.
Nice find!
Shouldn't take much to make it completely roadworthy!
Welcome to st-owners!

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Welcome to the forum! :welcome1:

Depending on the year you can add a gear indicator and a cruise control, but I can't remember what years allow this. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Welcome aboard...again.

Only 5k miles? I'd think you need to go over the whole bike like Larry would. This might be helpful.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Welcome to the forum! :welcome1:

Depending on the year you can add a gear indicator and a cruise control, but I can't remember what years allow this. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
Can be installed on any model year. 2007 and earlier require wiring in to a couple of ht motorcycle circuits and then programming.
For 2008 and later model years plug and play can be purchased that use the ECM diagnostic connector.

Top Bottom