Old school flat fix

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Now since I’ve acquired an old school ride again, with tubes in the tire, and a small, special battery, about the size of a deck of cards, with no way to attach either a battery tender, or air compressor, I thought about carrying CO2 air, but the decided to look into my vintage, never been opened boxes, and low and behold look what I found!
Wonder how many old timers here remember these?

Attachments

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
but will the combustible charge that is directed into the tube explode when hot??
The part that plugs into the spark plug hole is a pump. It uses outside air to fill the tire, not the air/fuel mix from the cylinder. That gets ejected raw into the exhaust system.

"
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
This is the most efficient way to fully re-inflate a motorcycle tire when an air compressor is not available. It converts any 2 or 4 stroke engine into an air compressor. This pump uses the vacuum of your motor to suck clean outside air into the hose and the compression to force that air into the tire. A two-way check valve prevents any gas fumes from entering your tire. The five foot hose easily reaches the front and rear tire valves.
The Adapters come in 18mm, 14mm, 12mm, & 10mm sizes which covers the vast majority of cylinder heads made today. As long as you carry a spark plug wrench and can access your plugs easily, this pump will provide you with a lifetime of unlimited clean outside air and no replacement parts are ever needed.
Easy access to one spark plug is necessary! Before ordering this product, measure your spark plug threads to identify if they are 10, 12, or 14mm in size.
Now works on late model BMW’s, ST Model & Pan European Honda’s (all years) and Harley- Davidsons (all years) with American made Adapters
ST Model & Pan European Honda Models (all years) requires the purchase of the Item No. ST001 separately.
PRODUCT CONTENTS
  • Engine-Air Tire Pump 60″ Hose with Quick Release
  • Engine-Air Fresh Air Valve and 18mm, 14mm, 12mm, 10mm Adapters (Fits most motorcycles)
  • Laminated Instructions
  • Round Heavy-Duty Canvas Zippered Pouch (7″ diameter x 1″)
  • Weighs: 11.5 oz.
"

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
"ST Model & Pan European Honda Models (all years) requires the purchase of the Item No. ST001 separately."

OP
OP
Igofar

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Yep, always carry tools :rofl1:
Which is how I rescued an ST this morning on the side of the road with a burst fuel line hose (attached to his aftermarket fuel pump).
A quick run home on the CT125, grabbed a couple OEM Honda fuel pump hose bits, and 30 minutes later he was happy riding again!

OP
OP
Igofar

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Wear Gloves, and I use Ride-On in all my tires regardless of tubed or tubeless.
A small hole Nail/thorn will usually leave a small orange speck where the leak is.
Its also great for balancing tires.

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
My first "real" bicycle was a Mattel with the Vrroom engine.

1709255607609.jpeg
Does anyone remember using a playing card in the spokes held in place with a clothespin to make an exhaust noise on your bicycle when you were a kid? For those of us not privileged to have the Mattel engine (I didn’t even know that was a thing)

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
So how well does that pump work on a single cylinder engine? Do you have to kick it over about -2`50 times?

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Does anyone remember using a playing card in the spokes held in place with a clothespin to make an exhaust noise on your bicycle when you were a kid?
I did. Once I put a card on every place I could. I could barely even move.

When I tried to ride, it just went flap-flap-flap, flap-flap-flap, flap-flap-flap . . .

Top Bottom