ON-Northern: Tag

OP
OP
Jeff F
Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Karen, the "star" is the famous symbol of Canada's confederation. 1967 was our 100th year as a country. In that year we built many public buildings, i.e areas, schools. We erected statues, fountains and the torch/monument at our parliaent buildings in Ottawa. We also had many festivities across the land including the World's Fair in Montreal.

OP
OP
Jeff F
Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Well in retrospect perhaps manitoulin would have been better in the north.

But when the boundaries were drawn the thought was to keep the lines straight and simple so everyone could easily remember what they were ( ;-) ) without having to regularly refer back to a map they couldn't find or didn't have access to cuz they were out riding.

The point is to go ride, to interesting places if possible. And you did both - in spades I might add. Its all good.

Marvellous tagging Dean and Karen!

Last edited:

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Since it is "all good" (thanks for your flexibility!) let's continue to have a little fun with this. I wasn't around back when the 100th anniversary of our fine nation was celebrated but I was able to sleuth out where this particular star was located. Just call me Sherlock Holmes!

Now can anyone (besides Anthony) tell me where the following is?

PS - The "real" tag photo is obviously the one with that fine silver bike in it, the other one is simply a bonus since the Ontario West tag thread has a recent tag that is beach related.

Attachments

OP
OP
Jeff F
Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
My guesses
Pic 1 Providence Bay Manitoulin island
Pic 2 Karen's cottage
Pic 3 somewhere in SSM

:shrug2: ;-)

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
My guesses
Pic 1 Providence Bay Manitoulin island
Pic 2 Karen's cottage
Pic 3 somewhere in SSM

:shrug2: ;-)
If you were a major league batter you would be putting Ty Cobb?s record for batting average to shame! You?ve got 2 of 3 correct. Picture #2 was actually taken about 25 metres from the actual tag in Providence Bay, just across the parking lot from the visitor?s centre.

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Mmmm, pie!:)
And cinammon buns!! :) :)
And apple fritters like you've never seen!!! :) :) :)

Mum's is a good place to visit if you have an appetite.

P1000477 [50%].jpg

I wonder where the next tag should be? Perhaps something a little different...how about wedding related?

P1000414 [50%].jpg

Last edited:

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
OK, I'm having a hard time imbedding images into a post. I see that Karen does this and it helps provide a nice narrative pictorial. I did it successfully a couple of times but I've also now crashed my browser 6 times trying to add a couple more photos.

So these are being attached to this as thumbnails. One is another view of the same place. One is proof that I actually went behind the "veil." And the other helps those figure out why in the world a waterfall and a wedding are related...

Attachments

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
Ok, you are making this tough for me... there is no bike in that pic!

But... here's me in that water fall.

A pretty girl swimming under the water fall....

my bike in front of the sign for the waterfall....

And in sticking with the waterfall theme..... how about this one. My fishie enjoyed it!
Did you stop at the Red Dog Grill for some lunch?

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Sorry, all, things got a bit out of sequence there due to my browser deciding to repeatedly take a nap. Attached are some photos of the old and new tag locations. Whitefish Falls is definitely beautiful but there are more falls in the area than bridges like this!

Attachments

Top Bottom