....on the matter of buying an "exotic" bike

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
My first bike was the "exotic" , Benelli . 65cc Dynamo Trail , a real smoky buzz bomb :
I took this to my one and only license skills test , 50 years ago , to get my MC license , in Hamilton , Ohio . I had to add one mirror to make it road legal back then . I used the legal hand direction signaling , went through the cones easy , etc. & passed . Some guys were there on borrowed Harley & Triumph choppers trying to get their licenses but they either didn't research ahead of time & have stuff like mirrors or horns , & the couple that had legal equipment couldn't turn choppers through the cones ! They failed , were all pissed off , as I got my passed certificate , folded my handlebars down & shoved my dinky but legal Benelli into my Dad's station wagon & left , grinning !
( I'm not sure how they got there & left a police facility - legally ? )

Benelli Dynamo Trail c.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaxPete
Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Very cool!
My test was on a 1975 Honda CB360T in about 1977 in Aurora Ontario. As with you, there was quite a mix of folks ranging from guys on Triumphs to a chick on her boyfriend's Harley - most of whom failed.
I was thrilled to pass and haven’t looked back.

Last edited:
I also had a CJ360T the econo version was great fun. Along came a CB640, the GL1500 and then the two ST11/13 .. a good ride.

one Kawi ZZR1200 ! and one Suzi DL650 oh and one Yami XS11 ;)

beemers R1150R and now K1200GT ... a nice assortment eh ?

sirbike

Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Some guys were there on borrowed Harley & Triumph choppers trying to get their licenses but they either didn't research ahead of time & have stuff like mirrors or horns , & the couple that had legal equipment couldn't turn choppers through the cones ! They failed , were all pissed off , as I got my passed certificate , folded my handlebars down & shoved my dinky but legal Benelli into my Dad's station wagon & left , grinning !
( I'm not sure how they got there & left a police facility - legally ? )
This reminds me of when I showed up on my sportster, no turn signals no test.
I looked around at the motley group and asked the baddest looking dude, in colors, if I could borrow his bike. Being somewhat older and more together than me, he gave me a deep look, then gave me the key.
You meet the nicest people on a Honda.
[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom