ON-West: Tag

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Merla Mae ... hard to find a better ice cream stop, anywhere.

And that place next door, Marinos, is a favourite for beer league hockey post-game beer and wings.
I made the mistake of going in there once in the daylight. :eek1::rofl1:

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Marion’s is no more, I was there only once for a post funeral dinner, Gar liked to watch hockey there. Kind of qualified for Dinners, Drive Inns and Dives without the exceptional food.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Great place for ice cream. It was owned for many years by some good family friends. Back at that time they owned that big ranch on Highbury Ave just south of Fanshawe Park road. My sister worked in thier stable and rode horses.20231007_143846.jpg

It was another horrible day for riding. This little brewery not far from the Tall Tales (RTE) serves up some great beers.20231006_163946.jpg

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Well the weather was not conducive to wanting beer, I left the house at 8°C with drizzle and arrived at the brewery at a balmy 9°C. I did buy a poverty pack of cans though and Cherie and I enjoyed a beer with dinner.
I was puttering around the house and the rain was letting up so I looked at the radar and it looked dry to the south so that is where I headed. It was almost sunny when I got to Natterjacks, well the clouds weren’t as threatening anyway, by the time I reached Grand Bend it was raining again. Cherie wanted something from Bayfield and between Grand Bend and Bayfield it was windy and raining, when I headed home further inland the wind and rain quit again. All in all I enjoyed the ride.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Just a terrible day for Tag today. Found that brewery was closed. Of all days. Of course there was a pot store across the street.
20231024_164329.jpg
The new Tag is a great place for beers. English style pub. Heard the Shepard pie?? Don't tell mom.
20231024_173722.jpg

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Ah the King Eddie in Ilderton. It used to be our favourite place. And that looks like the proprietor Richard doing what he does best, standing on the porch looking kingly. ;)

They used to have an extensive wing menu and some decent English pub food. It might be a good RTE destination but somebody should try it 1st. It's had its ups and downs.

Last edited:
Bike
2003 ST1300A
Ah the King Eddie in Ilderton. It used to be our favourite place. And looks like the proprietor Richard doing what he does best. ;)

They used to have an extensive wing menu and some decent English pub food. It might be a good RTE destination but somebody should try it 1st. It's had its ups and downs.
What, this Saturday for lunch, that's unheard of, but possible.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
What, this Saturday for lunch, that's unheard of, but possible.
There's fish and chips in the house Mike. Not sure how they stack up against Mrs. H's though. You better check.
The liver and onions w/ much bacon was real good. Steak and kidney pie is too! Niki often ordered the lamb "surprise"
Forget Saturday ... I'm hungry now.

Bike
2003 ST1300A
There's fish and chips in the house Mike. Not sure how they stack up against Mrs. H's though. You better check.
The liver and onions w/ much bacon was real good. Steak and kidney pie is too! Niki often ordered the lamb "surprise"
Forget Saturday ... I'm hungry now.
Well, you may want to pre-eat to be ready for Saturday. RTE posted.

Bike
2003 ST1300A
Sort of cheating, but I'll take it. RTE to The King Edward, in Ilderton. ( I didn't try the fish and chips, you can't beat Mrs H's). The Caribbean Jerk wings were good.

And Keeping up with the theme, now at the Son's of Kent, in Chatham.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom