Orange Motorcycle Tire Pressure Monitor-TPMS (DO NOT BUY)

Bike
2006 ST1300
I hope these, or another similar design from another brand, become available again soon. I just dealt with a nail in my rear tire this morning and really wished I had a TPMS. I didn't notice it was low until lunch break, so I plugged it during my afternoon break. I have no idea how low it was this morning during my commute.

FWIW, to answer how reliable OEM systems are- I can't speak for bikes (though I would think they would be similar), but cage TPMS sensors are very UNreliable. I've replace lots at the GM dealer, and quite a few when I was at the independent shop. And for the most part, they require a setup/reprogramming so the system will read the new sensor. They also make replacing cage tires a very tedious task, as the sensors are very delicate (so their weight stays low, so balance doesn't go off), and the slightest bump with the tire or bar will break them. Even without being bumped they are well known for failing. I wouldn't bother with them on a cage, but I'm willing to deal with them for the safety on the bike.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I have had my Orange units in for a while and so far so good. I am not worried about them failing either. Now if I decide where to mount the display and actually start using it,,,all bets are off. :rofl1:

STOC #
Interesting how us vendors are left holding the bag and receive NO information and he did. I know what I'm doing when I return from Rochester (watch out Copperhead)

Dear Mr. Mike Simmons,
Thank you very much for your asking, it’s my pleasure to contact with you!
Following you question,
1.) Yes, the warranty still valid.
2.) Yes, you still can buy replacement parts from our distributors.
If you need it recently, please refer the information as below, thank you very much!
http://www.thewheelgroup.com/

Sincerely yours,
Stan Chang
Orange Electronic Co.Ltd.
No 15, Lane 81, Sec 2, Tanfu Rd., Tanzih, Taichung, Taiwan
Tel: +886-4-25351558 ext.129
Fax: +886-4-25351582
www.Orange-Electronic.com

STOC #
I've been talking to The Wheel Group on the warranty issues and still not getting anywhere. If you have had luck, pllease post it here. I will update all as soon as I have success and getting these fixed. Than and ONLY then will I offer them for sale again.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Mine is still working and love it. Headed home form work it alerted me to a leak on the rear long before I felt it. At 30 lbs the rear c/t still felt good, but the red display said "Danger Will Robinson"

STOC #
Just heard from Orange.
I have shown that I need 2 Sensors (me and Leon P) and 1 Display (Joe)

Is there anyone else with issues from our Group Buy?

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
My rear one has been a hit and miss since new. The procedure I use in the morning is I turn the key all the way to the right, this is the assessory position. I leave it there for up to 30 seconds. The front normally reads the pressure in about 10 seconds. The rear can take up to 30 seconds and sometimes it doesn't come to life. Turn the key to on and start the bike. Put about 60 miles on my bike today and everything worked up until my last stop to fill up with gas. After filling up, both tires read 46 psi and after 20 minutes of riding, I got the E2 message on both sensors for the last 20 miles riding home.

STOC #
Orange is Back Up and Running in the USA and any previously defective units are fully covered!
If you bought it from me, you just got an e-mail regarding this. (Mellow you are covered too..lets update the first post again now that we can once again stand behind this product.)

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
The next one I get will be a Doran. I rarely see issues with those and these have seen several issue along with corporate ones so for me, still a NO BUY recommendation... and I liked the unit.

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
Orange is Back Up and Running in the USA and any previously defective units are fully covered!
This is great news Larry,
I really look forward every time I get on my bike to see what the tire pressures are.
This morning the rear was at 42 psi and when I left work tonight it was at 41 psi. So when I parked the bike tonight, the rear pressure was at 46 psi. Gave it a shot of air and it rose to 47 psi. Nice feeling when I get up in the morning as I will know I have a perfectly filled tire.
I feel I don't have a slow leak, it's just getting cooler everyday as we approach winter.
I had a few shortcomings with this unit, but I feel time has fixed it on it's own, but it is sure nice that the warranty is still available.

STOC #
The next one I get will be a Doran. I rarely see issues with those and these have seen several issue along with corporate ones so for me, still a NO BUY recommendation... and I liked the unit.
I had spoke to Doran. Their unit only does pressure and not temperature and its a bit more expensive. But then again, I have never heard of a problem with Doran.

I'm giving Orange another shot. They could have bailed on everything but they didn't and their unit saved me and a few others.

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
Re: TP Checker Motorcycle Tire Pressure Monitor

Looks good. What's the latest on this - do you know? Is this a stable product to buy now or business still suffering? Is it waterproof for having it permanently installed like on your pictures?

Thanks,
Morten

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Don't know if the company is stable or not lately... but I know the unit on my bike is.

Very much liked, very waterproof. With the temperature dropping it's been a nice reminder that I need to add air to the tires to maintin the cold pressure.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Personally, I'd go with the Doran if I had to do it again. The Orange stuff has great functionality and works well WHEN it works but there are folks that get these still having issues with the main unit or sensors not working well out of the box. The support seems to be there - I'd purchase from www.wingstuff.com

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
I really like the Orange TPMS. Even with the slow response time for it to come up on the screen sometimes. Mine are the first generation and are still barely functioning. They were deemed faulty as they would not respond each time I started the bike, Larry (RealST) went up to bat and got me a replacement (sitting on the shelf waiting for my current tires to wear out).
Front one works every time the bike is started, the rear one is hit and miss. Good news is the rear will give me a reading every other time, but it is still hit and miss if it will register.
Hoping the new ones will work much better.
Haven't used a tire pressure gauge since I bought this TPMS.
Thanks Larry(RealST)

Al

Top Bottom