Out of the Saddle for now

Bike
2013 GL 1800
STOC #
Hey everyone. I felt that Uncle Phil shouldn't be doing all this knee stuff by himself. So 2 weeks ago, July 18 I had my right knee replaced (total). My right leg had also twisted, which made it shorter, over the years and was straightened and brought back lengthwise during the replacement. Boy, this rehab stuff is serious , but each day I can see an improvement and hope I can be back riding in September. Suzi and I had to change our annual "out West ride" that we do every year around this time hoping we can get to enjoying our ride again soon.

Ride Safe!

Sonny

Get well soon, take your time and do what the doctors say... Hope to see you back to better than normal.

Do what the people at rehad will have you do, you'll be riding again in no time.

Congrats!
I have heard only good results from these operations (as long as you do the PT! :D).

Heal well!
Mark

My brother had his done about a year ago and is glad he did. Now he needs to get the other one done.

Good luck on it and hope it heals soon!

This operation is in my future someday, for now I'm trying to put it off so that it'll last long enough to avoid a re-do. Good luck with the PT and stay focused on that September ride

Thanks for the good words. Was on the CPM machine for 5 hours today. Am really looking forward for a ride.
Keep the prayers coming.

Sonny

like everone has said, listen to your doctor amd your PT. you will be better in no time. I'm going to have to have the same thing done someday. I'm just trying to wait until I am older.

Well, last weekend I went for a short 40 mile ride and didn't fall down! My knee seem strong enough; no problems using the center stand. However I need more flexability. I only have 110 degrees of motion and the target is 120. Not sure if I'll be able to hit the 120 but I think 115 will do and make for a more comfortable ride. More PT!!

The ride reminded me of the pesky waterpump oil leak that I have had, so the bike is up on the lift taken appart waiting on the new seals to come in on Friday. If all goes to plan Saturday I'll be able to put it all back together and go for a ride on Sunday. Hope "Murphy" isn't arround.

Sonny

Glad to see you're up and around. Keep working hard with the PT. You'll get it to 120 soon enough. Don't stop 'til you do, then keep working on it.

Top Bottom