PAN-EUROPEAN / ST1300 Certified tyres/Michelin PR3

Bike
ST1300
Hello,
Here in Belgium, when buying a PAN-EUROPEAN which is the same as the ST1300, we get some kind (certificate)of information telling that the only tyre "certified" for use with the ST is Batlaxf020 and Michelin pr2.
Is the same in the USA, are there also certified types as I see a lot of different brands, several of which we do not have in Europe, or is it merely a question of the right size and weight code?

Does somebody already has experience with the Michelin PR3 on ST1300?

What is the difference (if there's any) with "heavy" versions of the Battlax f020, Michelin pr2, and is this required on our st1300 that is kinda heavy? does it bring additional security /mileage/confort/grip?

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Tires in the U.S. are legal if they're the correct size, carry greater or equal speed and load ratings and are marked as meeting the Department of Transportation's standards. I would imagine that if a particular tire isn't certified on any car that can be registered in Belgium, nobody will bother importing it. I think Germany does the same thing.

The version of the BT020 with the OEM "F" code is reinforced to handle the extra abuse the ST dishes out because of its power and weight. Several have tried the non-OEM "U" model (on purpose or by accident) and got similar performance but 60-70% of the tread life of the OEM tire. I like my 020s enough that I'm on my fourth set.

--Mark

Top Bottom