Picked up a Valkyrie

Couldn’t resist her. It was a friend who told a friend thing. Gentleman who owned her had a stroke and is unable to ride anymore. I’m 3rd owner. 1999 Valkyrie Tourer. 42,000 miles. I gave $3900. She has a couple small scratches on front fender (battle scars) nothing a little touch up paint and a chrome cover won’t fix.

Always liked them, my uncle had one and it was so fun to ride. That Goldwing 1520 engine is a gem. I am going to keep the ST1300 and ride both. Should be fun. EB1B7A44-CCA2-4ED4-98C5-14F0777C0FDA.jpegB57E198D-7B0D-44E7-BD63-52C9D4ACF148.jpeg

Earl43P

Wrencher turned Rider
Bike
04 ST1300
STOC #
I like my Valkyrie IS enough to have just sold my ST1300 which is being replaced by my 2021 KTM390A. I’ll miss the ST, but I’m never giving up the Valkyrie. It’s got 106,xxx miles, all but 19,xxx are my miles with a long trip to Billings come June for our annual gathering called Inzane.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Beautiful bikes guys....I miss mine too, but I upgraded quickly to a wing because I didn't like the MPG I was getting......and yes, I was always twisting the throttle :rofl1:
Check the SPLINES straight away, as those Valk's had a way of eating splines worse than any other bike with a shaft drive.
Enjoy your new bike, she's purdy.

OP
OP
LJST
Beautiful bikes guys....I miss mine too, but I upgraded quickly to a wing because I didn't like the MPG I was getting......and yes, I was always twisting the throttle :rofl1:
Check the SPLINES straight away, as those Valk's had a way of eating splines worse than any other bike with a shaft drive.
Enjoy your new bike, she's purdy.
Yes sir! I’ve been trying to determine what grease/moly to use. On the Valkyrie forum, the opinions are ALL OVER THE MAP. :rolleyes:
Anywhere from Belray synthetic waterproof to guard dog to valvoline moly blend. :doh1:

OP
OP
LJST
I like my Valkyrie IS enough to have just sold my ST1300 which is being replaced by my 2021 KTM390A. I’ll miss the ST, but I’m never giving up the Valkyrie. It’s got 106,xxx miles, all but 19,xxx are my miles with a long trip to Billings come June for our annual gathering called Inzane.
I seen this, but I’m already planning a 4000 mile trip 2 weeks AFTER sturgis rally to run around up in that area with some customers of mine. Otherwise I would plan to attend. Maybe next year.

What grease are you using on your rear axle and splines?

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
No factory cruise control on any models or years. McCruise makes one.

Valkyrie has the 1500 Wing motor with hotter cams and 6 carbs. One for each cylinder. Hence their tendency to drink gas in larger quantities than the Wing version. When the brake system is working properly, it will haul the 850# bike to a stop easily. At one point the 1500 Valkyrie had the shortest stopping distance recorded by one of the bike magazines. I think it was 60 to 0 in 109 feet.

I currently own three Valkyries. My main one I bought new and it currently has 195,000 miles. I also own two ST1300s. It's an illness for which I hope there's no cure.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
There's a guy around the corner from me that had a yellow one he was trying to unload for $4k so he could buy a new Wing a few years back. It was gorgeous. I took it for a quick trip around the hood... loved the sound and feel. Then he mentioned it having an electrical issue he couldn't nail down... yeah, No! :nuts:

He unloaded it... he has a new model Wing in his garage now.

Baytown TX Motor Cops used to ride them... always put a smile on my face when I saw them.

Top Bottom