Pirelli Angel GT mileage report

Cathmandu......Imagine the front end functioning on only one fork, its not that dramatic but it can add to the problem. Having the forks pinched the same as well.....I can say on my VTX a larger front tire virtually eliminated the issue.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Looks like the final numbers on my first set of Angel GTs is going to be 7,250 for the rear and about 8,000-8,250 estimated for the front. I say "estimated" because my local shop says the fronts are on backorder and won't be available in time for changeout before my Blue Ridge Parkway area trip that starts in 10 days. So, since I am guesstimating that we'll do between 750 and 1,000 miles on the trip, that puts the front to the estimated numbers before it'll get changed. Might be higher than that, depending on how fast the backorder is cleared.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Buy the front online and have your local shop mount it. They're available everywhere.

Amazon. If you're a Prime member you can have it by Saturday..

Last edited:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Buy the front online and have your local shop mount it.
They will not mount tires they did not sell. I would expect that their sourcing would be as good as anyone's, wouldn't it? If it's on back order to their supplier it would be on back order everywhere?

But I'm no expert in supply chains, could be wrong.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
They will not mount tires they did not sell. I would expect that their sourcing would be as good as anyone's, wouldn't it? If it's on back order to their supplier it would be on back order everywhere?

But I'm no expert in supply chains, could be wrong.

Amazon would not say you can have it by Saturday if it wasn't in stock. Surely there is another shop nearby that would mount it. Especially if you brought them the tire and the rim off the bike. Might charge $40 but it would be worth it.

Top Bottom