With over 436,000 miles on my ST1300 my headlight lens has had a lot of hard things hit the headlight lens. The lens is the front cover over the headlights. So I decided it wouldn't hurt to give polishing with my DA buffer a try.
I used a yellow pad on my HF dual action buffer and some Meguiar's Ultra Pro finishing polish which is a low cut polish. It removed all the haze I've hated for several years now and the lens looks very clear to me. All the big chips are still there but the haze is all gone.
I can only say it worked for me and I expect my standard lights will put out a bit more light in the future.



Before photo:

I used a yellow pad on my HF dual action buffer and some Meguiar's Ultra Pro finishing polish which is a low cut polish. It removed all the haze I've hated for several years now and the lens looks very clear to me. All the big chips are still there but the haze is all gone.
I can only say it worked for me and I expect my standard lights will put out a bit more light in the future.



Before photo:

Last edited: