Prayers for Brusky (2020-10-10)

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
I've kowm Bruce for many years, Meeting him at one of the STOC events. Our association through the STOwners has moved to an extremely close and personal friendship.
Bruce is one of the finest human beings that you would ever meet. And because of that we rode many miles together.
He has recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
Attached is an email from Coleen about the current state of things.

Dear family and friends,

Bruce and I spent a long week of appointments at Mayo in Rochester, MN for a second opinion on his pancreatic cancer. Scans, bloodwork and a lot of waiting. The results, although more detailed than Roger Marris here in Fargo, confirmed that the tumor was not operable. They do not believe it has metastasized to other organs but saw a couple of lymph nodes that look like they are involved. The recommendation is to use chemo to shrink it or stop the growth. He had a port put in and he will have an infusion, here in Fargo, of a 3 part cocktail and then go home with a infusion pump that will continue to dispense chemo for 46 hrs. He will do this every two weeks for 4 to 6 treatments then check the progress the chemo is making. He is also participating in several studies and one that looks at DNA for using Immuno-Oncology therapy. It is a new and unique approach that uses the body's immune system to help fight cancer.

We are overwhelmed with so many friends and family who have showed us so much love. This is a very difficult time and knowing we have all your prayers and support is not only appreciated but it compels us to fight and move forward. We will send and updates as much as we can and we welcome your calls, texts and emails. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

Much love to all,
Colleen and Bruce

You can contact Bruce and Coleen at: cmlee@far.midco.net

I know they would love to hear from all of you. I just got off the phone with him. And he's in great spirits.

JimSTer

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Thanks, Jim.
You can and will beat this Bruce. You helped Coleen through her fight and now she is the trainer. Keep him in line Coleen.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Will be keeping him in my thoughts and hoping for a great outcome, it's not a losing battle.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I hate to hear this. Prayers going out for Bruce and Coleen. Hoping for a good outcome.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I will hold Bruce and Coleen in my thoughts and heart. I believe the incredibly positive outlook they both seem to have on this will make a huge difference. Keep up the fight Bruce, you can do this.

Patty

Darth rider

Site Supporter
Bike
BMW K1600 GT
Thanks for the update JimSTer. It was great seeing Bruce and Coleen at MnSTOC this year along with the rest of the gang. Thoughts and prayers going out for a full recovery to Bruski.

Jeff

Bike
2010 Goldwing trike
Prayers for Bruce. Hoping for complete success with chemo. I lost my lifetime partner to cancer a few years back. It was way too late in her case.

Top Bottom