Prayers for KTD1911 (Karl)

For those of us not on Facebook . . .

Shuey
Thanks for posting Shuey. I believe that if anyone who knew Karl, will sincerely miss the positive outlook that guy had in life. Rest In Peace Karl. We will miss you buddy...

You did see it's on the 30th per the obit text.

Wow! Thanks, Raymond. The obit was changed from the 16th, due to family travel issues, per the funeral home web site.

Shuey’s link to the Legacy.com site, still has it listed for the 16th in the large text on the right of the page. Confusing until you read the entire text.

John

Last edited:
You did see it's on the 30th per the obit text.

I'm glad you caught that. I've been in a frenzy making plans and getting ready. John called me while I was packing. It absolutely said the service was this Friday. I made a note that one place it said Friday the 16th. Another place said Friday the 17th. I had looked up which date was correct. I've already paid for hotels and had my routes loaded in my XT. I was less than 12 hours from leaving.

Sad to lose another rider friend. RIP Karl. My thoughts are with his family.

Just read on Face Book that Karl passed away Oct 13th.
How sad. We had many great conversations at the rallys that we attended together.
RIP my good friend.

Rest easy Karl. It was always good to see you at events. R.I.P

Still planning on going to his memorial. Anyone else? Please feel free to join. Would like to be on a bike, but the weather will decide that for me.

I'll leave North Georgia on Thursday. First night will be spent in Paducah, KY. Friday will stay in Lawrence, KS. Which is only half hour from funeral home. Will turn for home on Saturday morning. Saturday night will be spent in Nashville, TN. Then home on Sunday.

Friday October 30th 5pm-8pm
Brennan-Mathena Funeral Home
800 SW 6th Ave, Topeka, KS 66603

I'm going to attend also. Karl was a special friend and I want to be there. I'll work out a travel schedule by Monday at the latest and plan on reserving a room at the Days Inn, 730 Iowa St in Lawrence, KS, on Friday night, 30 Oct.

Shuey

Michael, glad to see you posted this. I will try to make it but work and weather will determine if I can make it. The weather in KS is already turning cold with wintery mixes so not looking too promising for bike travel. I should know more mid week.

Karl, for those who took the time to get to know him, was a great guy. Hate to see him gone. We are all on the same road but each with different exits.

Just read about this today. I don't come over here much anymore. Rest in Peace Karl. It was good knowing you. Remembering the first time I met you in Wichita Falls, Tx.

RIP Karl, I knew we'd be friends from the moment we met. Fireball, Honey and all the other libations. You'll be missed by too many of us.

Heading North in the morning and making some site seeing stops . . . along the way.

Opting for comfort, so I'm driving rather than riding. I'll be staying in Paducah on Thursday night and Lawrence on Friday night then head back South Saturday morning.

Looking forward to sharing a meal or two along with some conversation with any others who are heading the same way.

Shuey

@Shuey I guess the Michael and I will see you in Paducah on Thursday. As of Tuesday, we’re still undecided on riding or taking a car.

John

I was going to ride down but the forecast for 40 mph winds Saturday will have me driving.

Top Bottom