Prayers for my Father

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
My family and I went up to spend Thanksgiving with both of my parents because my dad has been having some health issues. I told them to make a list of anything they needed done while I was there and they did so and I was able to complete all of their requests which ranged from winterizing the outdoor equipment, replacing the discharge hose on crawlspace sump pump, putting things in the attic and creating some shortcuts on their computer.
While there he had a biopsy and the results came back this week with something called CNS (central nervous system) Lymphoma. He has at least two masses on his brain. Apparently this is a very rare form and there really isn't any known cure. They can radiate it or chemo it and a few other things are possible but at 76 they say he's in for a tough battle.

Currently my mother in law has advanced Alzheimers, my mother has early Dementia, our 15 yr old dog is declining rapidly and I've just accepted a position to become an employee again while giving up my business.
When it rains it pours.

Skip

Bike
VStrom 650
Skip it sounds that if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
I sat down with a close friend for a meal last night and his tale was similar to yours and on top of it all he's waiting on a possible prostate cancer diagnosis for himself.
When it rains it definitely pours.
Upt'North.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Oh Skip, I am so sorry to learn that you're going through all this...and all at once. Feels like it's always that way. You are indeed right when you say that when it rains, it pours. I've been in more than one situation like that in my life and I'm all too familiar with the heartache and stress that comes with it. I am sending you, your dad and your entire family hugs, support and much love. Hang in there.

Patty

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Hi Skip, prayers sent for you and your family. Seems like you have more than your fair share of troubles at present, hoping that things improve for you all.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Wow! A lot in a short time! prayers on the way for you and your family!

jrp

Bike
ST1100AW
STOC #
Skip, sorry to read about your father's diagnosis. Prayers going up.

Jeff

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
As others have said...WOW..!! Just know there is light at the end of the tunnel, darkest before light, so on and so forth. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....
Hope the light shines soon for you.
Todd

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
I hear you, man. Been there, done that. Take care of yourself well because many others are going to lean on you.

Top Bottom