Prices released on new Kawasaki Concours 14

Ah Oh... looks very sweet indeed...

I like the display functions incl. tire pressure and gear indicator...

Interesting to see what all Honda includes on the next ST... lucky us I'd say.

great price, nice bike..the exhaust can on the side..VOMIT...both from the side and rear angles...

I've read the wet weight is somewhere around 680 lbs. Don't know if that's with ABS though.

I liked the idea of this bike much more than the production version. IMO it's not as good looking with a rider or two as I had imagined when the original photos were released. I think the design will be quickly dated.

Here's a pick of the hideous back-end.

Attachments

• Connierear.jpg
    Connierear.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 137
Wow, that is pretty well priced - around $1500 less than the ST ABS according to the USA Honda site!

Price is not yet posted in Canada but with the exchange rate almost at par this will be interesting to see

Pp

The saddlebags look as if they were designed for something completely different. The indentations are not located near those pitiful blinkers.

Butt ugly from underneath too.

... and they're going to stand behind the bike too. Check out that ONE year warranty.:cool:

No thanks.

No thanks.

No Kidding! I would be embarrassed to post that picture of the HIDEOUS exhaust system on a corporate web site. Who are their designers? Le-Roy & Otis or is it a one man show named Bubba?

What's with the saddle bags? My daughters have a couple of Barbie suitcases they used when they where young and would go to grandmothers house...guess Kawai got a great deal from Mattel on left over Barbie suitcases.

I do like the gear indicator though.

I owned an '01 Connie. I wish I'd kept it because with this release, I think the '01s just went up in price.

It may have a gal smaller tank than the ST, but it does have a 6th gear! Tire pressure sensors, no need to put a key in the ignition, 30 more hp, 1500 less, it deserves full consideration. Remember, Kawasaki hasn't changed their design in 15 years, the ST has it beat with an 11 year model renewal cycle.

Pp

I perceive a little "envy" out there with all these petty comments. Let's reserve judgement till one of us gets a ride on it!

... and they're going to stand behind the bike too. Check out that ONE year warranty.:cool:

No thanks.

It is 3 yr. unlimited mileage. See below from their site.

JDP

Motorcycle (Sport, Supersport, Dual Purpose)
Includes Ninja?, Concours?, and other street motorcycles (KLR, ZR, Eliminator?)

One-Year Warranty

Your new Kawasaki motorcycle comes with a 12-month/unlimited mileage limited factory warranty. The Concours comes with a 36-month/unlimited mileage limited factory warranty. Read the next paragraph to find out how you can extend your coverage inexpensively, or ask your dealer for details about the factory warranty and available extended coverage.

I wonder what it will cost you to FLOP it Down on it's side just one time. My ST was expensive enough when I dropped it ($14). I can only imagine what it will cost you to accidentally slide that baby through an intersection. It may be faster and lighter than my ST, however Honda put a lot of thought into our ride.

Alicia from the Left Coast

I perceive a little "envy" out there with all these petty comments. Let's reserve judgement till one of us gets a ride on it!

...or we can continue to state our opinions regarding the specs and aesthetics of a new bike without worry. That's the great thing about forums. Remember, most of us drive ST's for a reason. We're a little biased.;)

I wouldn't call commenting on the visuals as "petty". Unless you have reason to believe Kawasaki is only marketing some mock job that does not represent the final refinement. The back end of this bike is ugly to me...period. No amount of marketing or time is going to change that for me.

For perspective, I absolutely melted when I first saw the ST1100 in a magazine way back in 1990. No petty comments because it was perfect right out of the chute. I also complimented the looks of the FJR and the 1300 when they were introduced. Still no petty comments because they were pretty well designed too. But this Connie is just too rough looking for me, petty or not. :shrug2:

The saddlebags look as if they were designed for something completely different. The indentations are not located near those pitiful blinkers.

They're probably there to accommodate the larger license plates you find in Europe. The 1300 has similar indentations on its bags.

--Mark

Back
Top Bottom