Question about Givi E190 mount for ST1100

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
My brother came out to visit from Colorado last week so we had a few opportunities to take the bikes out here in South Carolina. When I was following him briefly, I noted that the top case, a Givi E52, had a little bit of a bounce to it while it was sitting on the mounting plate on my 94 ST. I was just wondering if that is normal for her to have that little bit of what appears to be looseness and I was just wondering if it’s similar to the saddle bags which have a little bounce to the side to side. I have a Givi mounting plate on the Silverwing, and when I put the case on the Silverwing, it feels very snug on that bike. Meaning, once it’s locked on, it doesn’t feel like I could deflect the case at all. I was just wondering if that’s normal for the E190 plate. it has been doing that for the long term so I don’t think I’m in danger of losing the case but I was just wondering if I should put some rubber bumpers on top of the mounting plate for when I use the case on the 94.

There are 4 rubber pads on the luggage rack. Are they missing? They are available from Givi but I don't know where or part number. Maybe see them in the picture. They are not shown as a separate parts but as 4 circles on the rack.

Thanks very much- I’ll see if mine has them and if not, I can probably sub a few grommets to make up for the free space.

EDIT: Thanks for the above- I never noted they were all missing from my plate (got the plate used with the top box years ago)- Twisted Throttle has the bumpers and I needed a separate Givi key as well. So all good now. Thanks again!!!!

Last edited:
I found them. There is also a thicker set of "buffers" listed as Z126A

Last edited:
FWIW, the stock ST1100 trunk does move around quite a bit by design - sort of like the saddlebags.
Yeah, left to right, per design to compensate buffeting transferring into the frame...
But the Givi plate wiggles for/rearward, as its base-plate is held on the black tubes by only two bolts...

Back
Top Bottom