Question for darkside crew

Bike
03 ST1300
I finally got around to going Darkside, love the ride but have a question . I have noticed that when i spin the tire around on the centerstand it rubs a mudflap on the front of the back fender. Is this a OEM piece or something someone else has installed before i bought the bike and if OEM would it be allright to take it off. I can,t find this piece in the parts breakdown or the service manual.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
A Picture might help. Might this be a flap protecting the area around the shock from water and dirt? If so it would be something the previous owner installed..

OP
OP
lwh952
Bike
03 ST1300
hey red, i,ll try and post a pic a little later on. i noticed the flap rubbing when i installed the tire last week but didn,t think much of it until i looked at it closer today before i got the bike out for a ride today . it is mounted to the front of the rear fender,, thats the only thing thats rubbing, i think i can get to most of the screws without taking the tire off again so i may just take it off and not worry about it. i can get about three quarters of a rotation on the wheel before it stops when i have it on the centerstand so it,s not much difference than before i changed tires and don,t look like it,s hurting the tire any.

Top Bottom