Question for darkside crew

Bike
03 ST1300
I finally got around to going Darkside, love the ride but have a question . I have noticed that when i spin the tire around on the centerstand it rubs a mudflap on the front of the back fender. Is this a OEM piece or something someone else has installed before i bought the bike and if OEM would it be allright to take it off. I can,t find this piece in the parts breakdown or the service manual.

A Picture might help. Might this be a flap protecting the area around the shock from water and dirt? If so it would be something the previous owner installed..

hey red, i,ll try and post a pic a little later on. i noticed the flap rubbing when i installed the tire last week but didn,t think much of it until i looked at it closer today before i got the bike out for a ride today . it is mounted to the front of the rear fender,, thats the only thing thats rubbing, i think i can get to most of the screws without taking the tire off again so i may just take it off and not worry about it. i can get about three quarters of a rotation on the wheel before it stops when i have it on the centerstand so it,s not much difference than before i changed tires and don,t look like it,s hurting the tire any.

Back
Top Bottom